Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow.
Thanks everyone for your advice and the complement Ronnie, I just got back from taking a trip up north to the only dealer in California that sells rim guard and got my tires filled, that sure made a big difference. I was talking to the salesman about the exhaust and he said you can't belive the difference in the amount of exhaust from one tractor to another of different manufactures and models, some smoke like crazy and others don't, it's very random and makes no sense, and assured me that my tractor was ok.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #32  
View attachment 487420 View attachment 487421 View attachment 487422
View attachment 487423 View attachment 487424
JD arrived today from MN. :D. I bought the Titan forks and ballast box, the welding on the forks is ok not great, the welding on the ballast box is horrible and the three point pin was bent, but I really wasn't expecting something great for the price, I want to put my money into a good tiller and box blade. I like the tractor so far but need to get the tires filled, too bouncy. I use to operate tractors before all this emissions stuff and remember breathing all those Diesel fumes, I was surprised with the tier 4 engine I'm still breathing all those fumes, is that normal with a tier 4.

Great looking tractor and very versatile machine, the R series have the mid PTO which is really nice and opens you up to more attachments. Tier 4 emissions standards let's only a small about of the diesel particulates out the exhaust, if you look at the numbers it's significantly less than tier 3 machines.

When I did my research on them a few months ago I found out basically all Kubota, JD and there was one more, can't remember but anyway, did was add a particulate filter (DPF) to the exhaust to catch more going out, it's a filter that needs cleaned every few years also when it gets clogged by soot after so many burn offs, in the burn off mode them little things heat up to like 1200 or 1400 degrees to burn off the diesel particulates. That's the main draw back to Tier 4 emissions, second being the burn off mode or whatever it's called, perks are better fuel economy and a quieter machine.

I'm sure that tractor will serve you well

Thanks for the advice BrokeFarmerJohn, so far I am really liking the size of this JD, it is small enough to get into my horse corrals and clean them out, what a time saver. There is something soothing about a green tractor, having a bright orange or yellow piece of equipment makes you feel like your on a construction site.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #34  
Thanks for the advice BrokeFarmerJohn, so far I am really liking the size of this JD, it is small enough to get into my horse corrals and clean them out, what a time saver. There is something soothing about a green tractor, having a bright orange or yellow piece of equipment makes you feel like your on a construction site.

View attachment 490458

Great looking tractor, that is a very handy size, I really like the 2 family tractors, small enough they can be a good belly deck mower if needed but big enough to get actual work done without what I call "little tractor syndrome". Congrats

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #35  
My 2720 (same exact tractor as 2032R just older) the exhaust always could be smelled.
I welded a real short angled turn down extension on the exhaust pipe and now ALL the fumes blow down and to the side. The way the retards at the factory designed this, the exhaust blows straight out in front of you, so as you drive, you drive right into the fumes! A simple turn down on the end of the pipe fixed this, but be careful the extension has to be short otherwise the tire can catch the pipe on uneven ground when turned fully.

Great looking tractor, that is a very handy size, I really like the 2 family tractors, small enough they can be a good belly deck mower if needed but big enough to get actual work done without what I call "little tractor syndrome". Congrats

At first I was looking at a scut, already owning a large tractor and owning five acres I wanted something small but after trying a few out like the Massey Ferguson with the backhoe I just could not see myself spending $20,000 on a machine that small, if I was limited to a small property then that would of been my choice.

My 2720 (same exact tractor as 2032R just older) the exhaust always could be smelled.
I welded a real short angled turn down extension on the exhaust pipe and now ALL the fumes blow down and to the side. The way the retards at the factory designed this, the exhaust blows straight out in front of you, so as you drive, you drive right into the fumes! A simple turn down on the end of the pipe fixed this, but be careful the extension has to be short otherwise the tire can catch the pipe on uneven ground when turned fully.

Thank you for the suggestion, that is my one grip about this tractor is breathing those fumes.

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #38  
Thank you for the suggestion, that is my one grip about this tractor is breathing those fumes.

Fix it, nobody enjoys diesel fumes!
I'm no health freak, but sucking fumes for half day at a time didn't sound like a great idea to me!

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #39  

My 4320 shoots off to the side at a downward angle and I believe it's stock, it's much older, wonder why they didn't keep with that.

I wonder if it has to do with the burn off cycle on the DPF filter, since it burns so hot there scared of starting fires?

/ Any words of caution, buying a 2016 JD 2032R tomorrow. #40  
My 3046 R cab model just exhausts out through the hood, never seen any smoke.
My old 4310 had the exhaust going to the left front by the front tire.