Price Check Price check on a JD 4110

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #1  

DrRod

Platinum Member
Ellicott City, MD - Farm in Orbisonia PA (south ce
Tractor
John Deere 4110
Greetings,

Our local dealer (PA) has quoted me $11,950 for a 4110. I can save $500 by deleting the hydraulics for the FEL but I think I'll keep them just in case. Also adding $995 for a LX 4 Rotary Cutter.

I checked in at another dealer in MD and he was about $2,000 higher. Comparable set ups for a Case IH and NH Boomer were also about $2,000 higher.

Is it possible that this is really a good deal or am I missing something in the comparison?

Thanks,

Rod

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #2  
I would make sure you're comparing apples to apples. Was the PA dealer's price for tractor only? The others may have been quoting you prices which included a FEL. I've been shopping a step lower (JD2210 & comparables) and I've experienced prices that stay pretty much within a few hundred dollars of one another across dealers and makes for similar setups.

The only other thing I can think of is that the 4110 he's quoting you is a holdover from before the steel surcharges started going up, in which case he can offer you a lower price because he paid a lower price.

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #3  
Just a few things you may want to check/re-check to make sure each dealer is quoting the same tractor. Any difference here could account for the price differences

Trans.: GEAR vs. HYDRO
Tire Type
Foldabe ROPS
FEL Hydraulics

Good Luck,

DGB

/ Price check on a JD 4110
Thanks for the advice.

I set the quotes side-by-side and noted any differences in specs and the lower quote still comes up the big winner.

- Both Hydro -- but the higher one adds $1,500 for that, the lower has it included in the base price
- Both Foldable ROPS -- $100 vs $158
- Both FEL Hydraulics -- $500 vs $683

The lower price one has Ag Tires vs R-4's on the higher one but that's only a $42 difference. But the higher one is nearly $1,000 more base price and then they added $125 for freight and $100 for Setup/Predelivery -- nice, huh.

The other difference is in the rotary mower: $995 vs. $1,125.

The lower quote shows a discount line of JD incentives for $450 while the higher shows discounts of $1,209.

Bottom line is $12,945 vs. $15,400 with the only difference being the R-4's for $42.

I didn't do any haggling with either and its possible the higher guy would come down but I really like the location and style of the lower dealer anyway. But must admit, the ~ $2,500 difference makes me wonder.

Thanks again,

Rod

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #5  
What does the build-your-own thing on the JD site show for a 4110 hydro now days?

I think 12,000 for the hydro and the FEL controls (yes you want these) is a very good deal, although not astonishing. The others are apparently charging close to list. If they can get it, more power to 'em.

Cliff

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #6  
Rod, You better get up to PA and put a deposit on that tractor, that is a good deal. PLEASE get the DSCV for the loader, or plow, you will not regret it. What will you be doing will the tractor, Maybe the R4 tires will be a better chioce? I sure love mine.

I bet the I know the MD dealer who was priced high...begins with a "F" doesn't it?
I am in Westminster, If I can help more, please let me know...

Kenny

Greetings,

Thanks for the comments. I do think I will go there tomorrow morning and make the deal. As for the R-4's, they are an attractive alternative but they add width that I really don't want. One of the uses for this rig is to mow through rows of Christmas trees and width is critical for both passage and turning so I'm pretty sure the bar tires are the right choice.

As the trees grow (as they have in some areas) I won't be able to make it through on the tractor but that is inevitable with any set-up. I'll just continue using my DR Field and Brush mower as I have been doing for the past several years. Incidentally, that is one great piece of equipment -- far exceeds all expectations.

I also think the smaller mower will be an asset at my place given the tight corners of some of my fields. It seems that very little of it is laid out square so there are lots of nooks and crannies to get in-and-out of.

One late breaking development is that they are recommending that I fill the tires and get some front weights. Sounds reasonable to me and only adds a little to the cost. Any comments on that are appreciated as well.

Thanks again.

Rod

kennyd -- forgot to address your dealer comment. Actually, it started with an "A" and was somewhere north of Dublin -- Whitehead I think.

I was up that way for Scout camp and spent some time visiting the JD and NH dealers nearby. Its hard to comparison shop since most brands seem to put their dealers about 100 miles apart.

But all the other major brands I looked at were comparable to the higher price -- MF, CaseIH, and NH. Of course the other brands like FarmTrac and Branson were lower but they aren't comparable in features (and actually Branson didn't have anything as small as the 4110).

So I'm just not sure what else I could research to make this a better decision. I think it would be hard to make a mistake on a smaller JD at a good price as my first tractor.

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( As for the R-4's, they are an attractive alternative but they add width that I really don't want. One of the uses for this rig is to mow through rows of Christmas trees and width is critical for both passage and turning so I'm pretty sure the bar tires are the right choice. )</font>

I got thinking about this today....You are getting a LX4 cutter, witch has a 4' cutting swath, the the overall width will probably be about 52" or so. The R4 tires on my 4110 are exactly 4' wide.

Just food for thought....

/ Price check on a JD 4110 #10  
FYI- Turf tires are wider than the R4's on the 4110....