turbo vs non turbo - JD 3x20

/ turbo vs non turbo - JD 3x20 #41  
My previous tractor was a 32hp 4300, which carried a 72" MMM and a 430 loader.
My yard to mow runs about 7 acres. Although I like mowing, I like to get it done fast.
My 4300 was a great tractor, it never ran out of power when using the loader. The same can't be said for mowing thick spring grass. The tractor would bog down repeatedly, making the mowing frustrating.
At first, I knew the 3320 was out because it had the exact same HP TQ numbers, so I ordered a 3520.
While the tractor was on order, I felt that I got a little cheap, and wanted a 3720 just to be sure it had enough power to carry the mower. So, I called the dealer and re-ordered.
Simple as that.
When I buy, I always look at resale values, and what options that will return my money. HP always returns money, so I felt it was the right choice for me.

/ turbo vs non turbo - JD 3x20
George,
'
Thanks for the info. BTW cant help but notice an option you purchased with your 3720 - the automotive style cruise control. Can you enlighten me as to why you got it and what it does that is helpful? Would you buy it again? Guessing it is best for mowing, or plowing or whatever on hilly acreages.

/ turbo vs non turbo - JD 3x20 #43  
The option adds three new switches to the switchboard on the right rear fender. You will notice that only one of the four spots is occupied, and this option fills two more.

First, the cruise control adds a seperate resume/increase/decrease in speed switch. Just click it forward, and it gains a MPH. Click it backwards and it reduces the same. I use the resume all of the time and find it the most useful feature on the tractor.

Second, it adds another switch to control the MotionMatch, which the tractor has, but it is much easier to have the switch instead of having to mess with the programming to change things. It also offers two "on demand" settings instead of just one.
I use long roll out for mowing, and short roll out for loader work. Again, I find this switch a must, and it should have been standard equipment.
Third, the original single switch is replaced by the cruise on/off and speed limit control switch. You can set max speed in forward and reverse if you choose. I find I never use this switch. It also acts as the on/off switch for the cruise control.
All of this good stuff for only $89.00...
Like I said, for the price of these tractors, it should have been standard equipment, but I HIGHLY recommend this cheap and useful upgrade.

Now, for another $495.00, you can add an air ride seat which I absolutely love.
Unlike the stock seat frame, it oscillates back and forth and offers some side to side relief as well.
It has a self contained electric pump that raises and lowers the seat with a simple trucker style plunger valve.
The seat is very expensive, but I would buy it again because it does exactly what it says it will do, and that's greatly improve ride and comfort.