EZtrak Z445

/ EZtrak Z445 #1  

Mr Grizz

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere 990 , and a Z 445
Looking at the EZtrak Z445 for my wife :) to cut the grass does anyone have one. I know they are pretty new.

Mr Grizz

/ EZtrak Z445
here is a picture

z445_430915_large.jpg

/ EZtrak Z445 #3  
That's a mean looking lawn munching machine.

/ EZtrak Z445 #4  
I'm a John Deere man, but I think the new EZ-Trak mowers aren't built heavy enough. The list price on deere.com is $4,650, and for that you could get a better conventional riding mower, like a X300 series. If you really need a zero-turn, you might want to check a Ferris IS500Z. These sale for around $5000 and have independent suspension. My best friend is a Deere dealer but also carries the Ferris commercial mower line. The only draw back is that is has only a 44" deck instead of 54". If they still made them, I'd reccommend a front mount mower like my F525 or a F725. You can find used ones on machinefinder.com. If you are located anywhere near Charlotte, NC, give SJ Black & Son a look for the Ferris.

/ EZtrak Z445 #5  
DeereF525 said:
I'm a John Deere man, but I think the new EZ-Trak mowers aren't built heavy enough.
I hate to disagree with another John Deere man - but in this case I think I need to... The frame, (1-1/2" x 2" steel tube) hydro pump, (Kanzaki DUP10) and wheel motors (Parker Ross) on the EZtrak Z425 / Z445 come directly from the 717A / 727A Commercial Z-Trak Mowers. You can't get any heavier than that - especially for a homeowner unit. In addition, the engine on the Z445 is a Kawasaki, so there are no worries there. Now the controls, seat, parking brake and mower lift are not as nice as the Commercial units - and you lose the HD Donaldson air cleaner, as well as the ROPS - but there is nothing there that suggests the EZtrak will not hold up for homeowner usage. The only big difference is in the mower deck... Our commercial units utilize the awesome 7-IRON II, while the EZtraks use the standard homeowner decks - the same as what is used on the "X" Select Series lawn and lawn & garden tractors. Again, I hate to disagree with a fellow Deere man - but in this case I feel I needed to...

/ EZtrak Z445 #7  
I test drove a new Z445 today. It seemed very impressive. However, I was not able to demo the mower for cut quality. Does anyone know how they cut? Also, the mower deck appeared very loose and was concerned on how they may cut grass. Any info would be appreciated.

Jon.

/ EZtrak Z445 #8  
the engine on the Z445 is a Kawasaki

BleedGreen - are you sure they have a Kawasaki?

I just glanced at the Z445 the last time at my dealer - didn't take exact note of the engine, but I thought it might have been something non-Kawasaki.

Edit - just looked at the specs, and you are right. I must have been looking at a Z425 which has a B&S engine.

/ EZtrak Z445 #9  
Bleedgreen,

I went to a John Deere dealer yesterday to see the EZtrak Z445 again and he pulled out his spec book and told me the Hydro pump and wheel motors are not the same as the 717A /727A. He said they are the same brand but different model numbers. I would suspect they are of the same quality but different flow and/or pressure specs.

/ EZtrak Z445 #10  
My friend has the 7xx model. His was the first ztr I have ever been on. I would have to take lessons to mow with one. He said he knocked a few boards off his fence learning to drive it. They are fast but way differant than regular riding mowers. JC