EZtrak Z445

/ EZtrak Z445 #11  
My wife and I decided on a Z445 last week as well. Got it delivered just in time for some snow to come our way (southeast Iowa).

Last night it was warm and dry enough to start it and cut a couple strips of grass. It seems like a great mower. Definitely is quite a machine coming from an old Husky riding mower!

It does "clunk" when engaging the blades. But that Kawasaki motor is fairly quiet compared to any lawn mower engine I have ever had.

Oh yeah, and it cuts really nice too! It will just take some getting used to after years of having a steering wheel.

/ EZtrak Z445 #12  
Every so often, i look at the ZTRs, but i think i would definitely go for the commercial versions as I think my learning curve would be a bit of an experience for my yard.

/ EZtrak Z445 #13  
I love my z445. I purchased mower the start of 2007.The only thing is I can't drink my BEER as i would like doing mowing.

/ EZtrak Z445 #14  
moreosu said:
I love my z445. I purchased mower the start of 2007.The only thing is I can't drink my BEER as I would like doing mowing.
OH yes you can! Only 17 bucks too. Now i am not advocating drinking and driving at all, even on your own lawn, but ....etc

Thirst Aid Helmet, Beer Hat, Beer Helmet, Beer Can Hat, Drinking Hat

But if you do, get a ROPS for that ztr so you can stop yourself from falling over on a hot day, if you nod off to sleep.

Attachments

• 172-06601p4.jpg
    172-06601p4.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 438
   / EZtrak Z445 #15  
   / EZtrak Z445 #16  
Have you considered a used one or a used CT/GX? There are some good values out there is you look at the used market.

/ EZtrak Z445 #17  
I have run a Z445 for two years now and its a great machine. Used to take me twice as long to cut my grass than it does now and to be honest its way more fun.

/ EZtrak Z445 #18  
I have run a Z445 for two years now and its a great machine. Used to take me twice as long to cut my grass than it does now and to be honest its way more fun.

Now that you guys have had the 445 for a while, are there any regrets?

And, how much area are you covering in, say a couple of hours?

I'm thinking of one of these, but I have 5 acres.....

/ EZtrak Z445 #19  
I test drove a new Z445 today. It seemed very impressive. However, I was not able to demo the mower for cut quality. Does anyone know how they cut? Also, the mower deck appeared very loose and was concerned on how they may cut grass. Any info would be appreciated.

Jon.

I am just joining this group...so sorry for the late entry. I have a EZtrak 445 and it is now 3 years old. It has started leaving strips of uncut grass between the 3 blades. I have changed the spindle shaft (3 @ 21.00 ea.) and new John Deere OEM blades. Agri Supply sells a set for not quite 1/2 as much. Still I am seeing grass that is getting by. For the first 2 years it has performed very well. Now I am sad to see that my 5000.00 investment can't leave a smooth cutting path. If you have 5 grand to spend on a mower...don't waste it on a residential unit...go ahead and spend it on a commercial unit with machined spindles and welded mower deck. Anyone out there want to buy a 3 year old EZ445?

/ EZtrak Z445 #20  
I would follow the instructions in your manual to level the deck side to side and front to back. Usually they suggest the front slightly lower than the back. This provides a little additional suction which may fix your issue. Other wise call a dealer service department and describe the problem.

I assume since you've done some replacement work that you have also cleaned the entire underside of the deck? I also assume you run at full throttle and have checked the belt tension on top of the deck?