JD X500 vs X700?

/ JD X500 vs X700? #51  
Thanks for saying what I have been thinking. I own a X595 and know first hand how great a tractor it is. You can read all the specs you want and do all the comparisons on paper you want, but there is a reason why the John Deere might cost more and it's not just the cost of the green paint. I'm not putting down other brands becaused they serve there purpose. Once you own a John Deere and start doing some regular maintenance and see first hand the engineering that went into building it, the more you appreciate John Deere. I do look in the other brand forums but I don't post comments saying why would you pay more money for a certain brand when you can get the same thing from another brand for less money. THERE IS A REASON. With that being said, I come to this forum to see what other John Deere owners are saying or what non owners are asking. I don't see many or any John Deere owners posting and making comments about another brand on other forums but maybe it's because there are those that own a John Deere and these wishing they owned a John Deere.

Amen sargex595 !!!

Bleed Green , JD Rules ...

Later,x595

/ JD X500 vs X700? #52  
Thanks again for all the advice and input.
I am going to go with the JD 2305 and 62" MMM. I have been at a few dealers, and have found a good local dealer and am trying to finalize things with them. I will probably add a 4ft rotary mower, although the dealer price is around $1700, so I am not sure if i will go with the frontier 2048 or maybe look at a KingKutter 4ft. This is my first real tractor and first 3 pt hitch, and I feel a little better about having the dealer help set up the PTO. I may add a box blade later.
Maybe someone can explain why either a 4 ft rotary mower or the 62" MMM costs more than a basic JD lawn tractor?

Hi lispro ,

Congratulations on the new Tractor ...

Later,x595