John Deere X series lawn tractor

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor #1  

HRSx2

Bronze Member
Hello, it has been a while since I've checked in. So I find myself in the market for a lawn tractor. My question is... Which John Deere X series is closest to that of the Kubota T2380? Thank you,

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor #2  
Hello, it has been a while since I've checked in. So I find myself in the market for a lawn tractor. My question is... Which John Deere X series is closest to that of the Kubota T2380? Thank you,

X380 is about the same, X390 is better

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor
Thanks. I'll look at them.

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor #4  
I've looked at the x380 quite a bit and it's a very nice machine. I'm still evaluating what to buy, not sure quite yet. Good luck with your decision!

I stopped by local John Deere today. The x380 is very nice. Would like to see x500 series after reading more here. No luck yet.

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor #6  
After living with a JDLA115 for 6 years I regret not buying the JD2305 with a loader.
If your shopping locally and have 2K for a down payment you should look at the
Series 1 1023+ 1025R mules. 19.5 horsepower and V Belt drive are not enough
for living in the country and if you have more than an acre...... 1023 or 1025R will
let you have a rear mount snow caster with many fewer problems like very
expensive $130.00 snow blower drive belts(fixed with Gates Series 1 V belts for
1/6 the price.

Yes, those 1 series are awesome. Might be a bit big for current plans but then again. Funny, I just responded to someone about having no snow this year. I'm so disappointed. We usually get a dusting. But not even that. No cool pictures with the kids. Maybe next year.

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor #8  
X5xx series are awesome- how much land do you have, slopes? What are you looking to do, mow, snow plow, ground engaging work? Easy to get into bracket creep, 4k for x3xx series, 7k for X590, 23k for 1025 TLB

Mine is rather straight forward. Trailoring between three locations. Mowing about 4 to 5 acres. Want tractor to last a good while. Trired of buying big box stuff. Zero turn is out. Wife wants to play some too and she likes the tractor.

/ John Deere X series lawn tractor #10  
Can't say that I have much knowledge of the X300 series but one thing I can tell you. We purchased an X738 for my wife to use on projects that are a little too small for my bigger tractor. Suffice it to say that we are both thrilled with the X738. A total beast of a machine with a ton of capability. From full time 4 wheel drive, to front end hydraulics and PTO capable. This took the place of her Kubota BX24 which we also loved but she had Green Envy.