4300 - remote hydraulics

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics #1  

defed

Gold Member
ok, i've done alot of searching and reading thru this section of the forum, and the more i read, the more questions i have.

i want to add a pair of remotes to the rear of my 2001 4300, and one set in the front.

from reading, it looks like i need 'power beyond', which on some models appears to be a block you install to get additional ports, and some you tap into existing ports. the power beyond kit for the 4300 doesn't have a 'block', just lines. so, does this mean that there are already additional ports available that are capped? i seem to recall reading a thread about the 4300 where you had to install an allen head plug to gets flow to other ports, but i can't find that one now.

i plan to install a 3 spool valve (2 for rear, 1 for front), just need to figure out where (and how if i need a kit to install the additional ports) to draw from. i also need to investigate if i have a spare 3rd spool on my loader joystick valve, which i could maybe tap for the front remote. i read that there is (which the 3rd SCV kit utilizes) but i need to check it out to be sure.

thanks for any info!
Dave

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics #2  
You do have a spare 3rd spool on the loader joystick valve. Then the 3rd SCV kit just has lines that run from that valve with a control cable running to it.

When you refer to a pair of remotes, is that two sets?

I'll be interested in how your other questions are answered. :)
Thanks for asking.

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics
yes, 2 sets to the rear, 1 for top link, 1 for lift link. also, 1 would be used for a dump trailer, but if a trailer is on, the top link would not be being used, so i don't need 3 sets on the rear. 1 set to the front for a grapple.

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics #4  
Here is how I would proceed if you want a TnT setup: I would add a new joystick valve and plumb it to the PB lines-joystick control is very slick for TnT use.

I then would add the 3rd SCV kit for front use.

The PB kit is just lines...it is for powering thing like backhoes and log splitters that have their own valves. The flow through the PB lines is constant whenever the machine is running.

Clear as mud?

The PB kit is just lines...it is for powering thing like backhoes and log splitters that have their own valves. The flow through the PB lines is constant whenever the machine is running.

so PB is plumbed into existing ports, nothing new is needed to create ports...in which case, i just need to figure out where the ports are, add my own lines from the output to my new spool, and looped back to the input (in and out that PB would use)?

i know i saw a thread on a guy who did this on a 4300, just need to find it again.

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics #6  
so PB is plumbed into existing ports, nothing new is needed to create ports...in which case, i just need to figure out where the ports are, add my own lines from the output to my new spool, and looped back to the input (in and out that PB would use)?

i know i saw a thread on a guy who did this on a 4300, just need to find it again.

Yes. The technical manual on CD is under $100 and may help locate the ports...as well as the diagram from jdparts.

thanks Kenny...i have the tech cd, but for some reason i never even thought to look in there. i will check it out, and look for that thread.

thanks again.

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics #8  
I've been looking at the tech cd, and see where the hyd pressure line comes from the pump into the 3 SCV valve block, and then a line to feed the 3 ph assembly. Suspect there is a plug to remove to plumb in a pressure line (power beyond) and another to return to the sump. But don't see where such plugs are pointed out as such in the diagrams or pics.
Will keep looking. :)

/ 4300 - remote hydraulics #10  
There is no "block" on your machine like the 2x20 series.

The tube that crosses the rear of your machine over the PTO (see first picture below) is replaced with the PB tubes (see second picture below).

Attachments

• 4300-1.gif
    4300-1.gif
    10.3 KB · Views: 506
  • 4300.gif
    4300.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,260