CL Scam?????

/ CL Scam????? #23  
Most of those CL scams have a contact email first thing I do is google the email to see what show up.. Then Flag if posted multiple cities.

Never thought of that, I googled the guys email and got 234 "hits" Only looked at the first page, but it was all deals just "to good to pass up" deals that not even for my own brother would I sell it that cheap, but you look like such as nice guy. :laughing:

/ CL Scam????? #24  
I'm on Cl all the time and if I had a dollar for everyone of those scam ad's I had flagged, I could retire a millionaire!! I just wonder how much money can these people make from harvesting email addresses and selling them???

Anyway, the advice given to copy and paste the email address in Google and search was spot on. If it ends with gmail.com, then there is a good chance it will be a scam and the same ad (and other similar ones) will pop up all over the country. Note: I am not saying everyone with gmail addy's are crooks, just seems like a good many of them are.
Funny thing too a lot of these items being sold are usually priced at $2800 or $2900. Now there's another clue!!! Just remember, if it looks to good to be true, it's probably a scam!! Flag it and move on.

/ CL Scam????? #25  
In defense of CL....I have found several very good deals and have sold a tractor and other stuff from adds on CL. For me...it's replaced the want adds.

But....you just gotta know that scam-artists, thief's, low-baller's, and assorted other bad hombres like Kebo hang out around "the list". :laughing:

/ CL Scam?????
I finally got an answer back from this guy, thought you'd want to take a look.
Here's his Email response:

I am sorry for my delay in response, but currently I`m working on a drilling rig in the Gulf of Mexico and I have been very busy with my work. Anyway, thank you for your interest in buying the tractor. The total price for my John Deere Compact Tractor Mower Loader Backhoe is $2,100.The package includes all attachments and shipping cost. I wanted to keep the tractor but I left my farm for a better job in Gulf of Mexico, so I decided to sell it. The tractor is in showroom condition, 262 hrs, 21 hp, 4WD.

So if you are interested please email me back so I can explain you how the transaction will work.

/ CL Scam????? #27  
umm, yeah. Never heard that one before :confused2: :thumbdown:

I also use Craigslist to buy and sell, it just takes a bit to sort out the fake ads. As people have mentioned: if it looks too good to be true...

/ CL Scam????? #28  
Yeah Sure and his brother is in surgery, or a woman with one from a divorce. They sell you to the spamers, been there done that, Not again, if no phone numer forget it. It doesn't exist. Jy.

/ CL Scam????? #29  
Pure scam... but insidious...appeals to people by presenting image of hard working blue collar "wouldn't hurt a flea, never tell a lie" person of the soil...

Even more interesting, grammar, punctuation, spelling all are excellent....not like some of the obvious foreign scams.

This is "free enterprise, caveat emptor" at its best:(

A fool and his money are soon parted:D

/ CL Scam????? #30  
But....you just gotta know that scam-artists, thief's, low-baller's, and assorted other bad hombres like Kebo hang out around "the list". :laughing:

Hey now, a fellow's got to support his tractor habit somehow!!! Runing scams from home is like taking candy from a baby lol!!!:D
JK'ing there folks, I don't scam nobody.