Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #21  
Steve,
I think what's creating confusion is that we can't see the I match juxtaposed to the BH because mine lines up with no problems.
I see where Wooden has plenty of room on the gusset plates to lower or raise the supporting arms to get the proper distance.

Sorry I missed your drawing.

Rob

No problem Rob, he has received advice that will work with a concensus.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog
Wooden,

Looking at your pictures, I would drill new holes in the gusset plates on your deck to lower the entire top link assembly. I would then unbolt the swivel sections, remove the two braces from the joint and retighten this connection. Next I would flip the short bars rear wards and bolt these too the rear braces with a nylock bolt nut and washers (needs to be loose enough to swivel). When you rebolt the bottom end use nylocks there too so the lower mounts can swivel.

When you do this assembly the top link with bushing should line up almost plumb with the lower lift pins.

All you need is about 4 nylock nuts and a bushing for materials and drill two new holes.

Well thanks for all the ideas guys! that's why I love this forum! Jenkin I am going with your idea as a first try, only problem is I hurt my back a few days ago and working that low to the ground is a killer for my back at the moment
but you gotta know I am gonna try anyway!!! I just can't sit still and look at this anymore. The last tome I drilled holes in that gusset it almost broke my hand with a 5/8 drill, but I am going out there now to give it a shot. Will post my findings when finished with pics. Will try with the short links in front first, then use them backwards if I am not pleased with the result. But I do like the chain idea too!!

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #23  
Wooden,

I would not attempt to hitch to the IMatch top hook with the swivel linkage facing forward. The Imatch is simply not designed for this.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog
Looked it over and your plan is the one I am going with. Picked up the drill and went out to start the job and quickly found out that my back just ain't ready as yet. Bad backs Suk!! and it looks like I am going to have to wait this one out. Hard with all this work to do and can only look at it. Going to weld two shekels to the short link so I can use either the chains or the steel bars just as an option, so maybe welding won't hurt as much!! less of course I cut them up for some other job. Maybe a receiver hitch I seen on here?

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #25  
Can you lift the deck with the FEL and set it on some saw horses, so you don't have to bend over to work? Just a thought.

I get as much work up at waist level as I can, and the FEL with forks have been a real God-send for me.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #26  
Take care of your back first, I have had my share of that and them some.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #27  
Take care of your back first, I have had my share of that and them some.

Amen to that...! Been on the couch a couple of days now after moving hay bales in the barn. Heck of a way to start Spring! :eek:

Sittin' around too much this winter, I guess - soft!

AKfish

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #28  
Now I never used a rotary mower, but reading this thread, I agree, drop the aframe, hook up to the fixed top pin, replace the solid bars with chain.

But before I did any of that, I might of tried to capture that bushed pin in the swivel link, onto the Jhook. A channel shaped part that would slide under the bottom of the jhook and be held in place with the top link pin (presently there is a bolt).

At least to try it, there still may not be enough range of motion though.

JB.