Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog
Really no need to weld anything, just remove the swinging top link and replace with appropriate spacer for the top hook,if the distance is correct from the bottom pins to were the top link bolt is, then replace ridged supports with chain like you had in mind.

That's the problem! If I remove the link, the distance from the bottom pins will be about 20 inches. So, setting the link to 15" and welding it will be the only way to make it work. Going with the chains will give me the up movement that the link was designed to do. The dealer should tell customers these things. Had I known, I would have gone with the JD hog instead.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #12  
I was looking at the picture you posted yesterday and was wondering if the linkage was assembled correctly to start with? Is the vertical distance on the existing yoke 18" or 15"?

When you look at a Deere MX6 the only purpose the bars serve (more than chains)is to keep the hitch from falling back when you hook up. I think chains are simpler for sure.

If you look at the linkage in the pics below and compare the tilting angles to Beenthere's linkage it will tilt about the same amount.

Wooden, I see we were posting at the same time, if your top link is 20" above the lower pins that is alot! The yoke still has to swivel even if you use chains.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #13  
Hi Guys,
I machined stainless bushings to fit my Woods HC60. I didn't know about floating the hog (Nice job Beenthere!).
I used Woods set up and I have no problems, the distances were ok, there is some flexibilty in the arms but not like you get with chains.

Rob

Attachments

• Bush Hog 4.JPG
    Bush Hog 4.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 445
  • Bush Hog 5.JPG
    Bush Hog 5.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Bush Hog 6.JPG
    Bush Hog 6.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 346
Here is what I have. I an trying my best not to have to weld that floating link and maybe if I drilled new holes in the deck bracket and lowered the top link to the required 15 inches it will not pop out of the i match center hook. It's worth a try.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #15  
Here is what I have. I an trying my best not to have to weld that floating link and maybe if I drilled new holes in the deck bracket and lowered the top link to the required 15 inches it will not pop out of the i match center hook. It's worth a try.

Wooden,
What if you moved the the arms from the back to the front bushing where it attaches to the I match. Would that be the right height? Sort of like my third picture.

Rob

Here is what I have. I an trying my best not to have to weld that floating link and maybe if I drilled new holes in the deck bracket and lowered the top link to the required 15 inches, it will not pop out of the i match center hook. It's worth a try. You can see that the lower mounting bolts were lowered already by 1 5/16" which was not enough, so I will try putting the link in a horizontal position and measuring the distance from lower pins to the link, and setting new holes so that they are at 15" apart. Its the only choice I have at this point.

Less of course someone here comes up with a better idea!! I am wide open and learning!!

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    859.3 KB · Views: 341
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    975.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 288
   / Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #17  
Do what you want, but Rob has a great solution.
If me, I'd toss the short floating link, and put the top hook of the QH right under that top RC pin/bushing. Then toss the steel straps to the rear and replace with chain.
I wouldn't try to trust the floating link to not pop out of the center hook.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #18  
Beenthere and Rob,
I thought I had explained this very thing, with the crude sketch and again with pictures in my second post. The only way having the tabs out front would work is with a standard top link.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #19  
Wooden,

Looking at your pictures, I would drill new holes in the gusset plates on your deck to lower the entire top link assembly. I would then unbolt the swivel sections, remove the two braces from the joint and retighten this connection. Next I would flip the short bars rear wards and bolt these too the rear braces with a nylock bolt nut and washers (needs to be loose enough to swivel). When you rebolt the bottom end use nylocks there too so the lower mounts can swivel.

When you do this assembly the top link with bushing should line up almost plumb with the lower lift pins.

All you need is about 4 nylock nuts and a bushing for materials and drill two new holes.

/ Question, I Match won't lift Bush hog #20  
Steve,
I think what's creating confusion is that we can't see the I match juxtaposed to the BH because mine lines up with no problems.
I see where Wooden has plenty of room on the gusset plates to lower or raise the supporting arms to get the proper distance.

Sorry I missed your drawing.

Rob