John Deere 2305 not charging.

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #1  

Schmitz1

Tractor
John Deere 2305
Had a long problem with my 2305 not charging the battery. After the dealer couldnt find the issue after many attempts I finally did. It ended up being a safety relay bad. Still waiting to see if deere will stand behind any of the service work like they said they would. Very frustrating problem and not easy to find.

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #2  
Had a long problem with my 2305 not charging the battery. After the dealer couldnt find the issue after many attempts I finally did. It ended up being a safety relay bad. Still waiting to see if deere will stand behind any of the service work like they said they would. Very frustrating problem and not easy to find.

I had the same problem, The Dealer had it for days before they found it. It was out of warranty but he only charged me $100 in labor.

VP

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #3  
I had the same problem, The Dealer had it for days before they found it. It was out of warranty but he only charged me $100 in labor.

VP

Anyone want to give the location, name, label or whatever of this relay so others won't have to waste time with the dealer???? :confused:

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #4  
Anyone want to give the location, name, label or whatever of this relay so others won't have to waste time with the dealer???? :confused:

I dont have the 2305 anymore, but I am going to my dealer soon, I will ask for details, they fixed mine 1 1/2 years ago.

VP

/ John Deere 2305 not charging.
Yes, mine ended up being the K5 #1 Safety Relay. Still waiting for the bill. The relay itself was $94.00 but they had it for two days and had two service calls on it before I said enough and found it myself. The dealer said deere would stand behind it but I wont believe it until I see it. Mine was out of warrenty by about 9 weeks.

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #6  
Yes, mine ended up being the K5 #1 Safety Relay. Still waiting for the bill. The relay itself was $94.00 but they had it for two days and had two service calls on it before I said enough and found it myself. The dealer said deere would stand behind it but I wont believe it until I see it. Mine was out of warrenty by about 9 weeks.

Mine was about 3 years old at the time, I think they charged me $190. $100 was labor. How long is the warranty?

VP

/ John Deere 2305 not charging.
My warrenty was three years which I would assume they all are. It was sold in June 2008 and this started happening in August 2011. It has 130 hours on it.

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #8  

Thankyou!! :thumbsup:

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #9  
I wouldn't get to hasty making assumptions about Deere not honoring the claim on such a low hour machine. I have had them honor a claim for me when my 110tlb was a year out of warranty because I had onlt 255 hours on the machine. They split the repair cost 50/50.

/ John Deere 2305 not charging. #10  
I know that this an old thread, but I wanted to chime in an share the word that if your K5 Safety Relay tests to be defective, you can save a lot of money by buying the relay from an electronics supplier. My local John Deere store wanted $100.80 for this part, but I found it online with a quick Google search using the manufacturer part number (CA1-DC12V-N). The average price of this relay from electronic parts suppliers (Mouser, DigiKey, etc) is about $7.00.

This part is not made specifically for John Deere; there is no custom name, sticker or markings on the relay. For John Deere to mark up the replacement part nearly 1,500% is insulting to their customers.

The K5 Safety Relay is located near the left side of the tractor behind the panel. You will need to unscrew the instrument panel and then unbolt the plastic panel. On my tractor, the K5 Safety Relay was taped with black electrical tape to the same cable harness that connects to the voltage regulator.

Screen Shot 2016-01-31 at 11.25.06 AM Sunday January 31.jpg