was given a Jd 24a skid steer.

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer.
I have another question on the picture shown,What is the valve i have circled? i did not see it on my skid.

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    312.4 KB · Views: 4,263
   / was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #12  
I have another question on the picture shown,What is the valve i have circled? i did not see it on my skid.

That is just an auxiliary valve that someone added. Probably to run a grapple or other hyd. powered attachment.

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #13  
If/when looking for parts, keep in mind that Owatonna was likely building these for Deere. I had a gas Owatonna Mustang, and it had some very similar parts (but think mine was an older model with two control levers and not the single joy stick).

Thanks for the help guys. i looked up the mustang it is very similar

i messed with this thing all day today. i got the fuel to flow out of both purge plugs (i dont know the real name)

As soon as i hooked up the battery for the first time. the starter started spinning immediately but would not push out to hit the fly wheel.

so i figured out the positive wire from the battery to the starter was so worn it was sitting on the fame.

i went and got a new wire and also found a wire harness on Ebay because some of the wires are burned and cut.

so ill put the new wire on tomorrow and hope the starter will act right and the motor will turn over:confused:

P.S. Does anyone know where i can find a bucket?

update. i have it turning over good now (new starter and battery) but it will not start.

i pulled the fuel filter and poured half of the fuel into a soda bottle and it was orange? nothing separated:confused:

i filled up the rest of the filter with diesel 911 and purged the system. i put air to the tank and fuel was spewing out of the bleeder but didnt look orange but hard to see.

i even loosened each line to the injectors and they are all getting fuel when i turn it over.

put the test light on each glow plug they are all getting power when i turn the key back.

so i guess it may be the fuel. any advice or anything else i should try?

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #16  
I would drain the tank and fuel lines and start with fresh fuel. Have a couple of extra fuel filters on hand too. Purge as much of the crap out of the fuel system as you can. Make sure the return lines are cleaned and cleared too.

I pulled all the lines today and blew them all out with air

i ran the line to a fuel jug with fresh diesel

the only thing i didnt do was get a fuel filter and pull the injectors

i tried starting it some but i think i mainly need a filter.

when i was turning it over i noticed smoke coming from the block relief valve
and hardly any coming from the muffler. I pulled the muffler and a lot more came out of the exhaust and didnt notice any from the valve.

i guess the rings could be shot from sitting so long

what do you guys think

/ was given a Jd 24a skid steer. #18  
Are you bleeding your lines ALL the way to the injectors by cracking the fitting loose next to the injectors and cranking it over ?

Yea I bled it to the pump first. There are two bolts on the side.

Then the injectors while its turning over. I did them one at a time.

A little Fuel comes out of all of them. I just don't know if it enough.

Also there is a line that is on top of the injectors, the return line I geuss. I took that off an blew it out. Do I have to bleed that?

I ordered a new filter hopefully that will give it more pressure

What about the smoke from the valve on the block?