Canopy question ?

/ Canopy question ? #12  
i'd have to look for some pics, its not on currently. Its worked great for over 200 hours and the plastic is pretty darn durable. I'm sure you can find one laying around at a golf course or cart dealership.

/ Canopy question ? #13  
Great link for parts, but no tops that i could find.

Well... ain't that somethin'! Lists most attachments; but no canopy! You might find the part numbers and find the MSRP that way.

The other posts regarding plywood, etc, etc. - too many YouTube views - IMO. :D

AKfish

/ Canopy question ?
i'd have to look for some pics, its not on currently. Its worked great for over 200 hours and the plastic is pretty darn durable. I'm sure you can find one laying around at a golf course or cart dealership.

Sounds great ! will look around. ND my wife is from SD great state, do any walley fishing. Best fish on the planet.

/ Canopy question ? #15  
Have a tractor sun shade , look at tractor sun shade .com , about 300 to 400 $$ a few years ago.

/ Canopy question ? #16  
Sure have used that brand. Worked quite well for the 3 yrs I had it on my 3203. Would have liked it a tad bigger but overall I won't complain.

Attachments

• IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    649.4 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_0223.JPG
    IMG_0223.JPG
    953.6 KB · Views: 289
   / Canopy question ? #17  
If you are handy, consider making your own. I made one using a 2x2 wood frame and a canvas boat cover, back about 6 years ago when I bought my 4120. The best thing about making your own is you can customize it to your machine. The larger the canopy, the better it works. Mine has held up very well, needing no repairs over the years. It is considerably larger than most fiberglass tops, yet because it is tapered towards the front, it has held up very well, even in the woods. Canvas-over-wood construction is lighter than fiberglass, which keeps the weight down, and makes for easy installation/removal. I dont run mine in the winter for snowplowing, and I take it off when I need to fold down the ROPS to fit in a standard 7 ft door. Getting it on or off is a one man job that takes just over a minute. My primary objective was sun-protection, but when I have been caught out in the rain, the canvas does great. My cover is about 5.5 ft wide over the operator and about 4.5 ft wide at the front. At its deepest point, over the roll-bar, it is about a foot deep. It extends so far forward, such that the loader arms just miss it when they are all the way up. It attaches to the top of the roll-bar with (2) 3/8" bolts (I drilled holes). I also made (2) metal brackets that run from the roll-bar fold hinge, up to the center of the sides, and these are attached to the hinges with 5/16" bolts. I will apologize now for my inability to post pictures. There is no question, that I prefer my home-made canopy to even an air-conditioned cab for many jobs, including mowing clover fields, which is the primary usage of my 4120. The old, brown-duck boat cover even contrasts nicely with the John-Deere green. My previous clover-clipping tractor was a Ford 2000 with a big, factory, fiberglass canopy. The first time I got out there under the hot old summer sun without a canopy on the new JD was also the last. My homemade canopy looks better and has held up better than the factory fiberglass one did on the Ford. Plus, it didnt cost me anything and I can have it on or off real quick.

/ Canopy question ?
If you are handy, consider making your own. I made one using a 2x2 wood frame and a canvas boat cover, back about 6 years ago when I bought my 4120. The best thing about making your own is you can customize it to your machine. The larger the canopy, the better it works. Mine has held up very well, needing no repairs over the years. It is considerably larger than most fiberglass tops, yet because it is tapered towards the front, it has held up very well, even in the woods. Canvas-over-wood construction is lighter than fiberglass, which keeps the weight down, and makes for easy installation/removal. I dont run mine in the winter for snowplowing, and I take it off when I need to fold down the ROPS to fit in a standard 7 ft door. Getting it on or off is a one man job that takes just over a minute. My primary objective was sun-protection, but when I have been caught out in the rain, the canvas does great. My cover is about 5.5 ft wide over the operator and about 4.5 ft wide at the front. At its deepest point, over the roll-bar, it is about a foot deep. It extends so far forward, such that the loader arms just miss it when they are
all the way up. It attaches to the top of the roll-bar with (2) 3/8" bolts (I drilled holes). I also made (2) metal brackets that run from the roll-bar fto the center of the sides, and these are attached to the hinges with 5/16" bolts. I will apologize now for my inability to post pictures. There is no question, that I prefer my home-made canopy to even an air-conditioned cab for many jobs, including mowing clover fields, which is the primary usage of my 4120. The old, brown-duck boat cover even contrasts nicely with previous clover-clipping tractor was a Ford 2000 with a big, factory, fiberglass canopy. factory fiberglass one did on the Ford. Plus, it didnt cost me anything and I can have it on or off real quick.

I thought about making my own cover and checked into steel frame material and it was almost $200 for just the steel, so I thought maybe Fiberglas is the way to go. Thanks for taking the time to post.