Canopy question ?

/ Canopy question ?
Well I got lucky. My dealer happens to have a slightly scratched Weidmann Fiberglas top for a great price. Will post a review and pics when I get it installed. Since they are still available for a retail price of $429 . It's the shipping that's a problem, but if a deal on shipping comes up maybe other people would like to see pics of this top and help them decide. :)

/ Canopy question ? #22  
I just bought a Fiberglas canopy through Craigslist for $75 for a 2210. Brand new.

/ Canopy question ? #24  
Well I got lucky. My dealer happens to have a slightly scratched Weidmann Fiberglas top for a great price. Will post a review and pics when I get it installed. Since they are still available for a retail price of $429 . It's the shipping that's a problem, but if a deal on shipping comes up maybe other people would like to see pics of this top and help them decide. :)

Congrats, Jamming! Lookin' forward to your pics, too. Long-term investments are rarely a situation of "getting something for nothing".

More along the lines of "you get what your pay for" - IMO.

Grew up in SD. Used to work for Fish and Game there. Right on the Missouri River. There's walleye there...

Not nearly as many as there are salmon in Alaska, though!!!! :laughing:

AKfish

/ Canopy question ?
Congrats, Jamming! Lookin' forward to your pics, too. Long-term investments are rarely a situation of "getting something for nothing".

More along the lines of "you get what your pay for" - IMO.

Grew up in SD. Used to work for Fish and Game there. Right on the Missouri River. There's walleye there...

Not nearly as many as there are salmon in Alaska, though!!!! :laughing:

AKfish

Some day I have to get to Alaska. Some of the people I work with say it is very simular to the north cascade mountains just more of everything. The fishing I am sure is amazing.

/ Canopy question ?
Well it looks like the pics and install is going to have to wait. Picked up the top today and got home to install, wrong brackets :mad: no problem if you live close to town but I live 2 hours "one way". Should double checked everything :confused: so now I have to wait until Monday for a answer. :(

/ Canopy question ? #27  
I just bought a Fiberglas canopy through Craigslist for $75 for a 2210. Brand new.

:shocked: pics ?

This is the original Craigslist posting (with seller's phone number obscured:).) The ad was up for about a week before I bought it. No pics mounted because I have the canopy leaning against the wall in my garage waiting for spring and warmer weather when I will use it as the starting point for a removable homemade hard sided cab. I only use my CUT (4100) for snow blowing because I prefer my Deere Z425 for mowing. The fiberglas roof alone, to me, was worth the $75 but I will also use the heavy duty front supports, with mounting modifications, to build the rest of the cab onto my CUT.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    401.5 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    186.4 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
   / Canopy question ?
Nice score, I got lucky one time on Craigslist, bought a newer outboard motor for about half price. :thumbsup:

/ Canopy question ? #29  
My dealer wants a small fortune for a top. Just need something for the rain.

Around here on Graigslist there are lots of fiberglass pickup canopies in the free to $100 range. Get one of them and cut the top off for your tractor. The frame can be something as simple as a chain link gate frame. Add a couple of plates u-bolted to your ROP to support the frame.

Bruce