3520 recall?

/ 3520 recall? #1  

tjjr

Tractor
JD 3520
Just got home and have a message from my local dealer bout a recall for my 3520. I searched the forum but haven't found anything. Anyone have any clues?

/ 3520 recall? #2  
I assume the recall is for the rockshaft control valve gasket replacement. That is the only current program I am aware of.

/ 3520 recall?
I wasn't aware of any recall! Anyone tell me what the rockshaft control valve gasket replacement consist of? I mean how much down time? Are they tearing into it? Or is this an easy fix? I know its a recall just wondering what they are going to do to her!
Thanks

/ 3520 recall? #4  
What happens when the gasket goes bad? What year is your machine? I have a 2012 3520 and I haven't got a recall notice

/ 3520 recall? #5  
I assume the recall is for the rockshaft control valve gasket replacement. That is the only current program I am aware of.
Details please. Because the entire 3x20 series likely uses that same gasket.

//greg//

/ 3520 recall?
What happens when the gasket goes bad? What year is your machine? I have a 2012 3520 and I haven't got a recall notice

I've got a 2009. But as stated I would imagine the gasket was used for a couple of years.

But I've been known to be wrong before.

/ 3520 recall? #7  
Bummer...... my warranty is expired. Need more info on recall.

/ 3520 recall? #8  
tjjr said:
I've got a 2009. But as stated I would imagine the gasket was used for a couple of years.

But I've been known to be wrong before.

Oh. I would have thought something like a gasket would be a TSB and not a recall. a recall would cost millions and involve all 3000 twenty machines even ones out of warranty. usually recalls are for safety issues. Well with vehicles anyway. Don't qoute me on this because I don't know for sure

/ 3520 recall? #9  
There was a crack in my rear final drive, 2011 3520. It was due to faulty installation of the backhoe sub frame. There was an abnormally long delay (2 weeks) for the gaskets to come in. I wonder if that delay was related to a recall related supply issue?

Pat