3520 recall?

/ 3520 recall? #21  
2008 3203 - just got the call last week. Does seem strange I can't find anything about this except on this site (like most topics) and the time between the various recalls (list earlier) is quite variable. Although waiting until winter's slow time might be better for repair shop.
thanks for the info though
Even put my serial # into the Deere PIP site and nothing came back

Last edited:
   / 3520 recall? #22  
I got the call on Friday and they came and got her this morning 3120 (2008). I found out all 3X20 series tractors from 2003 to 2011 are being recalled for the rockcrusher gasket. My buddies 3520 (2006) is going Thursday. Just FYI for anyone who has this series. If you haven't gotten the call, my suggestion is call JD and find out.

/ 3520 recall? #23  
2008 3203 - just got the call last week. Does seem strange I can't find anything about this except on this site (like most topics) and the time between the various recalls (list earlier) is quite variable. Although waiting until winter's slow time might be better for repair shop. thanks for the info though. Even put my serial # into the Deere PIP site and nothing came back

I've experienced other JD tractor fixes over the years that weren't listed in the PIP (Product Improvement) system. But, I believe those were handled "as required" and driven by customer complaints. I currently have a 3720 cab tractor which I ordered/purchased new in mid-2007 and haven't heard anything about this issue from Deere or the selling dealer. Thinking maybe I should talk to the dealer.

/ 3520 recall? #24  
Got my 2010 3520 done the first week of December. I was going to take it to them since I was going to get it serviced but decided to service it myself since it went out of warranty in October.

I took them up on their offer to come out and do it as long as I had a hard surface (concrete, etc.) to perform the work. I have a concrete floor in my shed so they came on out.

They pulled the left wheel off and replaced the gasket in about an hour. I was pleased with them coming on time and calling me before they arrived and after they left so I could open and close up my shed.

No cost to me because it was a recall. The dealer that did the service told me I had until June 2013 to get the recall done but I was't going to wait that long.

They were very good about calling and reminding me about the recall.

/ 3520 recall? #25  
I spoke with the local JD dealer today and he says he can't find anything for the serial number of my 2005 3520. JD website lists no PIP for my serial number either.

Does anyone know what the symptoms are that the Rockshaft Control Valve Gasket Repalcement PIP fixes?

Thanks,

- Spindifferent

/ 3520 recall? #26  
I've noticed that my 3 point drops about an inch, then raises back up when I have an attachment on. Is that what the gasket fixes? My 3320 is a 2007 i believe.

/ 3520 recall? #27  
I went over to the John Deere dealer today. They acknowledged the recall but it is for certain 3x20 serial numbers. My 3720 is not on the list supplied by Deere. They are going to double check with Deere to confirm my tractor does not need the fix. Hope they are right.

/ 3520 recall? #28  
I spoke with the local JD dealer today and he says he can't find anything for the serial number of my 2005 3520. JD website lists no PIP for my serial number either.

Does anyone know what the symptoms are that the Rockshaft Control Valve Gasket Repalcement PIP fixes?

Thanks,

- Spindifferent

I never had a problem/symptom with my 2010 3520. I've used the 3pt hitch since the gasket was replaced and didn't notice anything different.

To tell the truth I never gave it a thought. Next time I use it I'll try to remember to test it out and see how it performs.

/ 3520 recall? #29  
2008 3203 - just got the call last week. Does seem strange I can't find anything about this except on this site (like most topics) and the time between the various recalls (list earlier) is quite variable. Although waiting until winter's slow time might be better for repair shop.
thanks for the info though
Even put my serial # into the Deere PIP site and nothing came back

Recalls are not published out in the open unless mandated by law, as is the case with automobiles and other widespread consumer products where the safety of a large number of people is concerned. Apart from small yard models a tractor is not considered a consumer product, but industrial/commercial equipment. Recalls on such items can, and most of the time are, conducted privately between manufacturer/dealer and owner. For JD it would be both prohibitively costly and bad PR to publish a recall notice because the public could get the wrong idea.

One thing about tractor recalls is that JD cannot always keep track of ownership of used tractors with an expired warranty that are not registered with the DMV for use on public roads. Most tractors used for commercial snow removal have license plates and can be tracked for recalls but such is not the case for farm/industrial tractors. For this reason it is recommended that someone who privately buys an out-of-warranty used tractor advise JD or a JD dealership that they are the new owner.

/ 3520 recall? #30  
That PIP is only to replace the RCV gasket due to the part not meeting JD specs. Should take an hour or less and the dealers prefer to bring it into the shop unless you have a nice spot for them to preform the PIP.