Strange issue with a 2720.

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #11  
You would think the engine would complain before it just 'gives up'.

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #12  
Its been a week, what ever did John Deere say about the problem?

/ Strange issue with a 2720.
Its been a week, what ever did John Deere say about the problem?

It has now been 2 weeks since the dealer picked up the 2720. I stopped by the dealer Saturday & they have still not even looked at it.
I was told no one was working in the service department Saturday, because they do not have much work.

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #14  
Sounds like my dealer. Took them 3 months to fix a seal in a brush hog. I guess JD must outsource their help to China as well.

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #15  
possibly change the filter on the tranny. could be clogging up with gunk after going so far. you stop the suction eases up and some of the gunk lets go. take off again and you go till it clogs back up again.

I am just guessing here.

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #16  
Cecil Stults said:
possibly change the filter on the tranny. could be clogging up with gunk after going so far. you stop the suction eases up and some of the gunk lets go. take off again and you go till it clogs back up again.

I am just guessing here.

Plausible but almost impossible for a machine with 12 hours to have enough gunk in the trans to clog the filter

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #17  
shortthrow50 said:
Plausible but almost impossible for a machine with 12 hours to have enough gunk in the trans to clog the filter

Not really. When I change the filter on my 2520 at 50 hours, the filter and the screen were loaded up with lots of shavings. I'm hoping from the millings when making the parts.

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #18  
**** I didn't realize it was new with only 12 hours.

I would get it back to the John Deere guy and tell him to "call me when it works".

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #19  
he-- (double hockey sticks) is such a bad word that you have to blank it out. Aren't most of us Of Age here???

/ Strange issue with a 2720. #20  
megaboz said:
Not really. When I change the filter on my 2520 at 50 hours, the filter and the screen were loaded up with lots of shavings. I'm hoping from the millings when making the parts.

If your serious about that, I woulda contacted your dealer. That is in no way normal. Maybe a a few specs here and there but loaded up as you say is a sign of a major problem