JD 567 round baler

/ JD 567 round baler #41  
You get the baler?
I got to figure out if LIME is the best thing for me to invest in this year. What's you yalls opinion on getting my production out on a field?

A good soil test holds all the answers. Ken Sweet

/ JD 567 round baler #42  
A good soil test holds all the answers. Ken Sweet

Yeah I done one 3 years ago,said ton&half,I put out 2tons an acre. I was between lime,potash,etc.,was asking what would be the best to do couldn't afford everything this year,fertilizer is going to be around 2200 I hope 3times this year. 18-8-8 dry

/ JD 567 round baler
having to go through the wiring on the baler an fix the frayed wires an make sure the others are good.getting a heat gun so we can keep a check on the bearings.an really trying to clean it up.

/ JD 567 round baler #44  
having to go through the wiring on the baler an fix the frayed wires an make sure the others are good.getting a heat gun so we can keep a check on the bearings.an really trying to clean it up.

Yeah if its been setting in barn,the dang rats love those wires. I usually take a few hours and air blow everything out each time I use mine,dusty job. Do you guys pressure wash yalls balers?

/ JD 567 round baler #46  
Wow..!! Is that pelletized lime, or regular Ag lime..?? And here I was grumping at paying a little over $13.00 per ton, @ the quarry.

Got a quote for lime 2 years ago... $438/ton! Yep... that'll make you pucker! :eek: Haven't done it yet -- likely gonna have to -- fertilizer dropped about $25/ton this year to... $815/ton but with $32/ton shipping added in; 'bout the same as last year.

AKfish

/ JD 567 round baler #47  
Lime is always a good investment for acid soils. Unless you live in Alaska! How much a ton, spread???

I have a 457 baler I bought new 7-8 years ago. Added a high moisture kit last year and got into baleage. Your new baler sounds like a big job for your tractor but as long as you don't have a bunch of ground to cover it should be ok. Would be cool to get a report on how a 5075 M runs it.

I do pressure wash the baler some years before putting it to bed, but avoid bearings, hose fittings, etc. I like to get the organic matter out if it if I can; it attracts moisture. I don't do it every year like I do the moco or other machines.

Good luck everyone with their hay this year, greening up around here now.

/ JD 567 round baler
once we get the baler an everything going we will cover about 150acs once or twice a year.kick it in 4wd drive an its like having 100hp tractor.

/ JD 567 round baler #49  
Lime is always a good investment for acid soils. Unless you live in Alaska! How much a ton, spread???

I have a 457 baler I bought new 7-8 years ago. Added a high moisture kit last year and got into baleage. Your new baler sounds like a big job for your tractor but as long as you don't have a bunch of ground to cover it should be ok. Would be cool to get a report on how a 5075 M runs it.

I need to pay my fertilizer bill in the next 10 days or so. I'm planning to ask about Ag lime prices with shipping at that time. If it's not too crazy expensive, I'm gonna bundle a few tons of lime with the fertilizer shipment. I'll let you know what the final cost per ton is at that time.

The shipping has gone up $3/ton since I wrote my last post... now, it's $35/ton to have everything shipped 175 miles from Anchorage down here.

Aaaarrggghh..

AKfish

/ JD 567 round baler #50  
Price of living in paradise.... That extra daylight prolly makes for good fertilizer!

I need to pay my fertilizer bill in the next 10 days or so. I'm planning to ask about Ag lime prices with shipping at that time. If it's not too crazy expensive, I'm gonna bundle a few tons of lime with the fertilizer shipment. I'll let you know what the final cost per ton is at that time.

The shipping has gone up $3/ton since I wrote my last post... now, it's $35/ton to have everything shipped 175 miles from Anchorage down here.

Aaaarrggghh..

AKfish