JD 567 round baler

/ JD 567 round baler #31  
Very good deal! That's an incredibly low bale count and the ones I've been looking at are 10x that (30K bales) and they're still around $15-18K. That pic of the 468 looks good. Rocky ground, though. Might have some belt wear and roller wear to look out for. (Too much baler for me, though...) :)

AKfish
The pics of the 468 they had it parked up by there sons fab.shop...

/ JD 567 round baler
the old owner had changed all the pins in the belts year before last.but knowing my brother he will prolly change them this year.im hoping itll last us 20yrs.

/ JD 567 round baler #33  
the old owner had changed all the pins in the belts year before last.but knowing my brother he will prolly change them this year.im hoping itll last us 20yrs.
Don't forget the hay baling pictures this year..

/ JD 567 round baler
ill try to get some pics of the baling.

/ JD 567 round baler #35  
IMG-20130315-00202.jpgGot the LIME out today
52.5 tons 2,202.48

Attachments

• IMG-20130315-00203.jpg
    IMG-20130315-00203.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 97
   / JD 567 round baler #36  
Got a quote for lime 2 years ago... $438/ton! Yep... that'll make you pucker! :eek: Haven't done it yet -- likely gonna have to -- fertilizer dropped about $25/ton this year to... $815/ton but with $32/ton shipping added in; 'bout the same as last year.

AKfish

/ JD 567 round baler #37  
Got a quote for lime 2 years ago... $438/ton! Yep... that'll make you pucker! :eek: Haven't done it yet -- likely gonna have to -- fertilizer dropped about $25/ton this year to... $815/ton but with $32/ton shipping added in; 'bout the same as last year.

AKfish

I had to zoom it in on my blackberry to see if I missed a .,in your numbers.. That's high,I don't mind what I spent now...

/ JD 567 round baler #38  
I had to zoom it in on my blackberry to see if I missed a .,in your numbers.. That's high,I don't mind what I spent now...

Yep... I really wished I'd just messed up on the comma or period!! Nope. I need to lower my pH some and the lime option is/was pretty scary. Added sulfur to my fert mix and that helps. Plus, the horses seem to find the sulfer hay to be tastier! They'll sort through the hay and pick out the sulfur stuff.

We add lime in the fall. Fall rains work it into the ground. And then snow melt and spring rain works it deeper into the soil profile.

Shipping is just an absolute killer for anything up here! Aaaarrgghh!

AKfish

/ JD 567 round baler #39  
Yep... I really wished I'd just messed up on the comma or period!! Nope. I need to lower my pH some and the lime option is/was pretty scary. Added sulfur to my fert mix and that helps. Plus, the horses seem to find the sulfer hay to be tastier! They'll sort through the hay and pick out the sulfur stuff.

We add lime in the fall. Fall rains work it into the ground. And then snow melt and spring rain works it deeper into the soil profile.

Shipping is just an absolute killer for anything up here! Aaaarrgghh!

AKfish

I feel for you and your pocket book. I'm also looking for chicken litter now,hope to get a ton an acre put out but the bigger farms buy it up and make it hard for us little guys to get any.

/ JD 567 round baler #40  

AKfish

I kinda understand fertilize being that high in Alaska because 18-9-9 is around $500-525/Ton here but lime is $40-45/ton, both cost $7/acre to be spread. They're charging 10 times for lime what they charge here.