Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #31  
It is a consideration for sure. I would rather buy local, but sometimes the pill is just too big. I haven't needed warranty service, but you never know- and chances are likely I'll need it at some point (couple times with my last JD).
I'm handy and have some tools, but if warranty service is the only choice, the local dealer should still have to honor JD's warranty guidelines. If they refused to service, I might take it up with JD directly, and/or find a suitable independent mechanic.

Last edited:
   / Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?
Some would think this is a "no brainer" at first glance, ie, get the tractor in lower 48. But, what about warranty type service if you had a problem (would your local JD dealer refuse to service the machine)??

I've had problems with warranty service for my tractor's that were purchased in the lower 48. And, the local dealership "crossed the line" and charged me for work that they knew was covered under warranty.

I complained on-line --- here on TBN --- and lo and behold, I got a phone call from a JD factory rep. After some discussion, he contacted the local dealer and requested a back audit of the previous 5 months of warranty service that the dealership performed!! :eek:

I have (and still hear) complaints from the shop foreman -- (P!ss and moan, P!ss and moan) about the amount of work they had to go through to get JD corporate off their @ss.

So... this forum is huge and JD (and other manufacturer's DO pay attention) and my hat is off to those folk's for the work they do (most of the time) and the difficulty of overseeing far-flung dealership's and international operations!

AKfish

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #33  
They may not refuse to do the warranty work because they will get paid either way. But, don't expect them to be in any kind of hurry to get it done.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #34  
I did call JD directly with the serial number of the tractor I'm looking at and told them exactly why. if I get this from the Lower 48 and have some difficulty, will the AK JD franchise do the work? After a couple of attempts at getting a solid answer, I did get someone who told me "YES". Doesn't mean I wouldn't have some less than congenial conversations if I had to, but I have a "warmer fuzzy" that I could get it done. And if I can save 10 to 15% AFTER shipping chargers, I'm going to.