Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #21  
We have one JD dealer, one Kubota dealer, one LS dealer, and they DON'T deal (as far as i can tell).
They exist, and i suppose that is good enough up here!

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #22  
We have one JD dealer, one Kubota dealer, one LS dealer, and they DON'T deal (as far as i can tell).
They exist, and i suppose that is good enough up here!
That's the way it was here many years ago and the one JD dealer we had behaved like yours. Dealer was more arrogant and you absolutely could not deal on any John Deere stuff -- it was take it or leave it attitude. That all changed here over time with more JD dealers and other competitors like Kubota and Kioti, in addition to Massey, New Holland and CH. You can routinely bargain for 12 to 17% discounts off list for new JD equipment, thanks to competition.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?
That's the way it was here many years ago and the one JD dealer we had behaved like yours. Dealer was more arrogant and you absolutely could not deal on any John Deere stuff -- it was take it or leave it attitude. That all changed here over time with more JD dealers and other competitors like Kubota and Kioti, in addition to Massey, New Holland and CH. You can routinely bargain for 12 to 17% discounts off list for new JD equipment, thanks to competition.

Ah.... I could only "dream" of that situation ever taking shape! Very small market, slow market expansion and large geographical area! None of the economic parameters that would convince any "sane" investor to plunk down $5-6 million and hope to get any of it back! :eek:

No, the only way that JD makes money up here is construction equipment rentals and sales. The green stuff is "small change".

AKfish

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #24  
No, the only way that JD makes money up here is construction equipment rentals and sales. The green stuff is "small change".

AKfish

Which is probably why JD doesn't have any tractor dealers in Newfoundland, just construction equipment dealers. If JD had tractor dealers on The Rock, I suspect 4shorts would be spraying green paint instead of orange paint on his numerous modifications and upgrades.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #25  
Been looking at a 3520. I can buy it new, have it shipped to the Interior of Alaska and pay $3.5K less than the one dealer in AK wants. So far the fact that I can go outside and get it cheaper isn't inspiring them to make money via there reduced shipping costs compared to mine. Kubota is the same, as is Case. The old "pipeline mentality" is stil alive with some vendors here. They give you the attitude as if to say "whadda gunna do? Go to the Lower 48 and pick it up?" Yes, exactly, I will and get a trailer for the same amount of money.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #26  
Been looking at a 3520. I can buy it new, have it shipped to the Interior of Alaska and pay $3.5K less than the one dealer in AK wants. So far the fact that I can go outside and get it cheaper isn't inspiring them to make money via there reduced shipping costs compared to mine. Kubota is the same, as is Case. The old "pipeline mentality" is stil alive with some vendors here. They give you the attitude as if to say "whadda gunna do? Go to the Lower 48 and pick it up?" Yes, exactly, I will and get a trailer for the same amount of money.

That almost sounds like the Canadian market! Seriously.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #27  
Ssssshhhhhhh you're giving away our national secrets ...... Paying more for less is the Canadian way.

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #28  
I even offered to meet the local dealer somewhere in between lower 48 quotes and what their initial offer was, no deal. That attitude would make sense to me if they were really selling with little margin, but I just don't see it. If I can pay for shipping and still come out ahead, I'm sure their shipping costs are lower given economies of scale. F you and the horse you road in on! :)

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon?
I even offered to meet the local dealer somewhere in between lower 48 quotes and what their initial offer was, no deal. That attitude would make sense to me if they were really selling with little margin, but I just don't see it. If I can pay for shipping and still come out ahead, I'm sure their shipping costs are lower given economies of scale. F you and the horse you road in on! :)

It's gonna take them some time to get everything figured out... Even "small change" adds up! :laughing: Based upon the number of new tractor buyer's that have contacted me during the past 5 years or so - they've lost out on some significant revenue!

AKfish

/ Ever have JD dealer refuse coupon? #30  
Some would think this is a "no brainer" at first glance, ie, get the tractor in lower 48. But, what about warranty type service if you had a problem (would your local JD dealer refuse to service the machine)??