New haying equipment

/ New haying equipment #12  
Do you idle down when you turn it back on? I use 540e and have the tractor at high idle (1200rpm) when operating the rake if I re-engage the PTO I get a lot of grinding noise at low idle or high idle before it is fully spun up.

I don't make hay, but when I'm rototilling or spreading manure. I usually do not idle down. I think it uses more fuel by idling down to 850RPM then revving right back up quickly.

/ New haying equipment
I don't make hay, but when I'm rototilling or spreading manure. I usually do not idle down. I think it uses more fuel by idling down to 850RPM then revving right back up quickly.

That's what I thought too but what about the effects it has on the PTO shaft and gear box?

/ New haying equipment #14  
i sure hope your dealer went completely trough that baler an fixxed any probs an got it field ready.because if he didnt it could eat your lunch with alot of unknown probs.i know because we bought a like new 2006 567 with 2600 bales on it.an the guy said it was field ready wrong.we had JD pick it up after found 2 blown bearing in it.an had them go completely through it.well it had alot wrong with it an they got it running.the only thing we had todo is have them rebuild the hydro cylinders on the tail gate wich they didnt do in the shop.

/ New haying equipment #15  
Heck - might be better because it has been run. Maintenance and what has been run thru it makes a huge difference.

I lost both tension cylinders last year on my 467. Not a big deal to fix, but a pain on a holiday weekend.

D.

/ New haying equipment #16  
i hope your right.the baler we bought sat in the hay barn for 3 or 4yrs without being ran.then the guy at the JD house that went through it offered to buy it off of us lolol.but hey we stole the baler,gave well under $20,000 for it.

/ New haying equipment
i sure hope your dealer went completely trough that baler an fixxed any probs an got it field ready.because if he didnt it could eat your lunch with alot of unknown probs.i know because we bought a like new 2006 567 with 2600 bales on it.an the guy said it was field ready wrong.we had JD pick it up after found 2 blown bearing in it.an had them go completely through it.well it had alot wrong with it an they got it running.the only thing we had todo is have them rebuild the hydro cylinders on the tail gate wich they didnt do in the shop.

Yes he went through it all and checked everything over, he will be with me all morning to make sure I know how to properly use it and that it's properly working. If anything goes wrong he will fix it free. He promised it will be in a field ready state upon delivery and is making sure I will go back to him when I upgrade my equipment. I hope everything goes good, he said the bearings were in good shape when he looked it over. I just hope if something does happen he will back up what he said.

Heck - might be better because it has been run. Maintenance and what has been run thru it makes a huge difference.

I lost both tension cylinders last year on my 467. Not a big deal to fix, but a pain on a holiday weekend.

D.

That's what I was thinking, it's done it's break in period and the previous owner had two of them that always worked in tandem, you can see that he took care of it cause you can see where grease splattered on shields and covers from lots of greasing. He trades all his balers in after the end of the season he reaches 10,000 bales.

i hope your right.the baler we bought sat in the hay barn for 3 or 4yrs without being ran.then the guy at the JD house that went through it offered to buy it off of us lolol.but hey we stole the baler,gave well under $20,000 for it.

The dealer hooked this one up and ran it at the dealership to make sure everything was running perfectly so I'm hoping if something wasn't right his mechanics would have noticed it, if not then I'm relying on my "new" dealers word.

/ New haying equipment #18  
Congrats, that is good looking equipment. One question, you mentioned going across hills, why not space your rear tires wider to give you better stability?

/ New haying equipment
Congrats, that is good looking equipment. One question, you mentioned going across hills, why not space your rear tires wider to give you better stability?

Thank you. I've thought about that cause it is on the second narrowest stance but I don't have tools big enough to do it and the cost to have them come out to do it is brutally high cause of the distance to travel and my tires being loaded.

/ New haying equipment
Talk about service, today after he gets off work my dealer comes out to see how everything is going and give me a brand new spare tire for the baler and manual, asked me if I had any questions about any of my equipment and might be getting me into a slightly used 6R. He will be back on Friday and will spend the morning making sure everything works perfectly when I bale.