Deere MX7

/ Deere MX7 #2  

Matt, my only thought on using the 7' cutter on your 110 is the startup wear on your PTO clutch. Those are some big blades to get spinning...

Slowing your ground speed in heavy cutting is something you can control. Gettin' those blades up to speed isn't.

Still have my 110. Just finished clearing and burning another 3 acres this fall. Great machine!

/ Deere MX7 #3  
Matt, my only thought on using the 7' cutter on your 110 is the startup wear on your PTO clutch. Those are some big blades to get spinning...

Slowing your ground speed in heavy cutting is something you can control. Gettin' those blades up to speed isn't.

Still have my 110. Just finished clearing and burning another 3 acres this fall. Great machine!

Nice to hear from you, been a while maybe a year or two?
Sounds like you are getting along with your place.:thumbsup:

/ Deere MX7 #4  
Nice to hear from you, been a while maybe a year or two?
Sounds like you are getting along with your place.:thumbsup:

It has been a spell... Yeah, we're still spending money here - I've been told that's a manner of "getting along"..

Piddling along with around 30 acres of hay these days. Could do more acres but the wife wants to play more in the summer and work less on putting up hay. Went to a round baler this last year and dropped time spent in the field baling (handling; loading/unloading, etc.) by half at least!

More time in the gardens, greenhouse, and high tunnel, though. (I'd rather bale hay....)

Anyways, hope all is well with you. You ever buy that "big" tractor?

/ Deere MX7 #5  
It has been a spell... Yeah, we're still spending money here - I've been told that's a manner of "getting along"..

Piddling along with around 30 acres of hay these days. Could do more acres but the wife wants to play more in the summer and work less on putting up hay. Went to a round baler this last year and dropped time spent in the field baling (handling; loading/unloading, etc.) by half at least!

More time in the gardens, greenhouse, and high tunnel, though. (I'd rather bale hay....)

Good Lord it's great to hear from you AK! I didn't want to bug you after your horse accident... but I hoped that you hadn't 'fallen off the twig' either. :)

/ Deere MX7 #6  
I would not be worried about the weight, but as stated i would be WORRIED about the pto wear at start up, and CONCERNED about the gear box issues. I assume you saw that the repair kit changed to ratio to a higher speed, so that would stress everything that much more. I would consider MAYBE getting it if you went down a blade size to 6ft total cutting length. unless you need to get that close to something, I see no harm in doing that, i would only cost a set of blades, or maybe even just shortening the existing blades. Let us know, but that's my 2pennies.

/ Deere MX7 #7  
Good Lord it's great to hear from you AK! I didn't want to bug you after your horse accident... but I hoped that you hadn't 'fallen off the twig' either. :)

Nah.. Still jumpin' and runnin' and ridin'... Thanks. That Army surgeon fixed me up really well, actually. No lingering problems at all. I am FLAT-OUT grateful!!!

Life is good.

/ Deere MX7 #8  

Have not bought a larger tractor yet, spent money on laser machine control automatics instead. Will see if work picks up enough to warrant a larger tractor.

Also building a greenhouse for produce production with geothermal piping too. Will have a better handle on this next winter. My lawn area is totally dug up right now and need to get this fixed up this spring. A lot of playing in the dirt with this but still kicking.

/ Deere MX7 #9  
Have not bought a larger tractor yet, spent money on laser machine control automatics instead. Will see if work picks up enough to warrant a larger tractor.

Also building a greenhouse for produce production with geothermal piping too. Will have a better handle on this next winter. My lawn area is totally dug up right now and need to get this fixed up this spring. A lot of playing in the dirt with this but still kicking.

I'm gonna try to not appear to be simple-minded...but, is that laser system like the setup you see on finish graders doing the final "trim work" on a roadbed just before paving? Looks like a transmitter/receiver mounted on the moldboard blade and appears to communicate with a fixed transit - surveyor device?

Pretty "high tech"!

Geo-thermal greenhouse... Whoa. That would be impressive! (I don't want my wife to even HEAR the words geo-thermal!)

She's been on my butt to run power and water to HER high-tunnel for couple of years, now. Putting it off cause I'd have to trench a 9' deep cut approx 500' along the edge of my best hay field. Be 3 years later to recover some of my production along that strip. Aargh.

/ Deere MX7 #10  
I'm gonna try to not appear to be simple-minded...but, is that laser system like the setup you see on finish graders doing the final "trim work" on a roadbed just before paving? Looks like a transmitter/receiver mounted on the moldboard blade and appears to communicate with a fixed transit - surveyor device?

Pretty "high tech"!

Geo-thermal greenhouse... Whoa. That would be impressive! (I don't want my wife to even HEAR the words geo-thermal!)

She's been on my butt to run power and water to HER high-tunnel for couple of years, now. Putting it off cause I'd have to trench a 9' deep cut approx 500' along the edge of my best hay field. Be 3 years later to recover some of my production along that strip. Aargh.

Pretty much, except I am building this with dual receivers one on each side of the blade. Hope to have this all ready to work for March.

The green house is only 2000 square feet and has 2000 linear feet of 4" corrugated pipe buried 9' deep. There are 20 runs of 100 ft. tubing which are connected to 12" pvc pipe manifolds. If this works out well I plan to build on a larger scale, if not I have plenty of room for a nice garden.