Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #21  
Well for me I bought the Ck30 Hydro and I love it. I notced the hyfro cost about $1000 more than the gear but its a tractor transmission, not some small car where I am going to burn it up. It was built to be worked and I love it. I have done alot of FEL work, and field plowing. The Hydro is just so much more convenient. Not to mention not having to worry about burning up and replacing a clutch if overworked.

The only thing I ponder is my CK30 has the wet disk brakes and the pedals are on the same side as the forward/reverse hydro pedal, so steering with the brakes is out of the question unless i had 2 right legs. Nonetheless, with the hydro and the work I have done I have not really had to use the brakes.

Just go with the hydro, its so much nicer and easier to maintain, since the hydro tranny oil is the same oil used in the hydraulics of the machine.

Hydro is the way of the future.

Josh

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed
Too Late... :D And I will have pics when it arrives on Tuesday!

I liked the hydro for what it offers, however it was just not enough with the range of work I will be doing. In the end driving the gear was more of a fit for me, I like having the option and don't have a need to speed load with the FEL.

As for stronger resale, other than the extra I would have paid for the hydro when purchasing, I don't think that would hold true around my area in Michigan. I see way more "Gear" tractors around here as there are more farms than subdivisions for the most part. Also, I don't plan to sell anytime soon and this is way to much Tractor for someone with less than a few acers... IMO

Thanks again, is it Tuesday yet? :cool:

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #23  
Congrats and good luck with your new machine and "welcome to the pack".

One final thought, not sure how you get to the notion that a hydro is less likely to mechanically fail or "burn up" versus clutch. Properly adjusted and used clutch should theoretically never fail or not for a super long time.

Take if from me, I've never had to replace a clutch in a machine, but have had to replace a hydraulic reverser in a machine. Although much different than a hydro, idea is the same. a bunch of oil flowing through a bunch of valves and seals, any of which, when they fail requires tear down and rebuild. With that said, I've seen very few if any posts associated with a hydro going bad.

I'm thinking 15 years down the road, when the inevitable rebuild is required no matter what you have. At that point, a clutch plate, springs and pressure plate are a whole lot more paletable for me than a hydro rebuild.

Anyways, again, congrats on your purchase and please post pics upon arrival.

Sincerely,
Joel

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #24  
contdevelop said:
Just go with the hydro, its so much nicer and easier to maintain, since the hydro tranny oil is the same oil used in the hydraulics of the machine.
???
I'm not sure I get it. My DK 35 gear tranny also uses the same oil as the hydraulics of the machine.

Last edited:
   / Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #25  
Congratulations on your new machine.

JoelD said:
not sure how you get to the notion that a hydro is less likely to mechanically fail or "burn up" versus clutch. Properly adjusted and used clutch should theoretically never fail or not for a super long time.

Not sure if I made it sound that way, however I agree with you... With some of the work I am doing, I am almost certain that the hydro would go well before the clutch would... Even if the clutch would go at the same time, I would rather work on, or replace, a clutch.

Thanks again, I fully expect to have many years of worry free tractoring with my new CK35 Shuttle Shift Gear Transmission... :D

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #27  
Hey, congrats - I'm sure you'll be very happy with your choice. I wish you many safe and carefree hours of operation.
Trade in value? Surely you don't intend to sell your tractor, do you? I figure I'll have mine until I'm worm food. Would I like bigger? Sure, but I'm a realist - not likely to happen in the near future and I figure I'm pretty close to playing the back nine by now. Long live the shuttle!

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #28  
Cyberroc said:
Too Late... :D And I will have pics when it arrives on Tuesday!

I liked the hydro for what it offers, however it was just not enough with the range of work I will be doing. In the end driving the gear was more of a fit for me, I like having the option and don't have a need to speed load with the FEL.

As for stronger resale, other than the extra I would have paid for the hydro when purchasing, I don't think that would hold true around my area in Michigan. I see way more "Gear" tractors around here as there are more farms than subdivisions for the most part. Also, I don't plan to sell anytime soon and this is way to much Tractor for someone with less than a few acers... IMO

Thanks again, is it Tuesday yet? :cool:
cyberroc,where did you end up buying your tractor from?I have gear also and love it. coobie

coobie said:
cyberroc,where did you end up buying your tractor from?I have gear also and love it. coobie

Thanks and I purchased it from the folks at Michigan Iron & Equipment!

I could have had one the day I put in my order, however they had one that was fresh in the crate that they were getting ready to build so I decided to take that one.

Even knowing it would be a few days I just figured it would be easier for them to add the rear hydro lines when they were building the one still in the crate. I know it may not make since to some, however with how much time they put into my sale, I had no problem letting them do their thing at their pace. When you purchase from them you know your being taken care of.

They are my only dealer, no questions asked, I will write more about my experience when I have pics!!!

I could not have asked for more! :)

/ Gear or Hydro Implement/Attachment List needed #30  
Cyberroc said:
Thanks and I purchased it from the folks at Michigan Iron & Equipment!

I could have had one the day I put in my order, however they had one that was fresh in the crate that they were getting ready to build so I decided to take that one.

Even knowing it would be a few days I just figured it would be easier for them to add the rear hydro lines when they were building the one still in the crate. I know it may not make since to some, however with how much time they put into my sale, I had no problem letting them do their thing at their pace. When you purchase from them you know your being taken care of.

They are my only dealer, no questions asked, I will write more about my experience when I have pics!!!

I could not have asked for more! :)
Glad to hear you bought from Michigan Iron you won,t be sorry.coobie