Buying Advice kioti ck35hst sizing

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
I don't wish to cause problems here, so take this for the :2cents: that it might be worth. Do yourself a favor and order a DK40 HST and be done with it. Don't forget to get both rear remotes and be sure to spec out that you want AT LEAST one of them with the float function.

Good luck. ;)

Explain to me the need for more than 1 remote. And what is this talk of a float function?

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #32  
Explain to me the need for more than 1 remote. And what is this talk of a float function?

I use 1 remote for grapple and the other for hydraulic top link. I was told Kioti's remotes do not have a float option.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
I use 1 remote for grapple and the other for hydraulic top link. I was told Kioti's remotes do not have a float option.

I was gonna go with just the 1 to start. I was thinking of using it for the grapple as well....as i see it, if the tractor has an extra set of with the valve already in place, why spend the $800 for the electric one.

How do you like the setup using this valve for the grapple? Did you have to do any mods to make it work?

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #34  
I was gonna go with just the 1 to start. I was thinking of using it for the grapple as well....as i see it, if the tractor has an extra set of with the valve already in place, why spend the $800 for the electric one.

How do you like the setup using this valve for the grapple? Did you have to do any mods to make it work?

I have 2 rear remotes and if I were using one for the grapple, I'd want at least one other for a hydraulic topping lift. If I were using a box blade regularly or maintaining a road, I'd want two extras for the topping lift and the tilt function.

My DK has a separate diverter valve for the grapple but I was very happy using the rear remote on my CK20 to control the grapple. Indeed, truth be told, I preferred the remote to my current set up. No modifications needed. Just get the correct length of hose and fittings then rig it and zip tie everything into place. You can be grappling within twenty minutes of starting the project and it will take longer to get the fittings on the hoses than it will to route and secure the hoses from rear to grapple. Once you try it out you can decide whether to make more permanent mounting fittings. In three years with my CK doing a ton of grapple work, I never bothered to replace the zip ties. Zero problems.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #35  

Float is built into the joystick functions, on the DK-40se/hst.
I use a grapple and have both rear remotes to allow me to use the Top-N-Tilt for the box blade. I got them through Brian at Mtn. View Ranch. My setup includes a diverter valve which allows me to mount a momentary button on the joystick shaft to control open/close on the grapple, or left swing, right swing on my plow. It is the best of all worlds, IMHO. Best to get the second remote installed when you buy the tractor, if you see yourself using lots of implements - it will likely get you the best price point available.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #36  

As has been explained, the 2nd rear remote can be used for a hydraulic side link, a VERY good thing if you do much grading at all, or for a grapple vs getting the diverter valve or true 3rd function. All personal preference.

As far as the float function, I have heard that it is available on the DKs and we have seen it for a fact that it is available on the CKs. I can't imagine that you can get it on a CK and not a DK. :confused3: There are several places where it sure is nice to have the float function on one of if not both of the top & tilt cylinders for the 3pt hitch. ;)

Attachments

• P1020048.JPG
    P1020048.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 292
   / kioti ck35hst sizing
As has been explained, the 2nd rear remote can be used for a hydraulic side link, a VERY good thing if you do much grading at all, or for a grapplje vs getting the diverter valve or true 3rd function. All personal preference.

As far as the float function, I have heard that it is available on the DKs and we have seen it for a fact that it is available on the CKs. I can't imagine that you can get it on a CK and not a DK. :confused3: There are several places where it sure is nice to have the float function on one of if not both of the top & tilt cylinders for the 3pt hitch. ;)

Wow...that's a heck of a valve back there. I don't have the need for that stuff. My 3 point work is mostly bush hog, round bale spear and a chain harrow drag for pastures and riding arena.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #38  
I paid $18,500 for the same deal on my CK35HST a year and a half ago back in October of 2011. I'm sure prices have gone up so it is in the ball park but maybe on the high side. Guess it depends on your area and how much prices have gone up during that time.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing
I priced all of the tractors here all at the same size...well as close as I could get all spec'd closely...all hydro drives, 4x4, etc...

Kubota L3940 - $30500
John Deere 3720 - $31500
Massey 1640 - $28500
LS R4041 - $23400
NH boomer 40 - 26500
Bobcat CT 440 - $24000
Kioti DK40SE just - $21800

Just comparing for prices here....this was discounts and dealer incentive pricing, so really the price I would be paying.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #40  
Well sounds like Kioti Dk 40. Cant believe its 9k cheaper than the Kubota.