Buying Advice kioti ck35hst sizing

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #51  
I think if you are pulling into a pile of brush you will need to close the grapple the raise the loader and maybe curl the loader plus steer the tractor. If you have it on a remote you will not be as efficient because you will have to take your hand off the loader joystick and possibly come to a stop. I wasn't saying you will damage a hose but the factory 3rd function looks and fits nicely on the tractor. By the time you by a remote and run hose from the front to the back of the tractor add a set of quick disconnects at the loader tower and the front of the loader you are up to or above the price of a 3rd function.

Not true, Hose kit from MIE is 350.00 Your kit is over 800.00 Kioti comes with the first remote

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #52  
Not true, Hose kit from MIE is 350.00 Your kit is over 800.00 Kioti comes with the first remote

They only charged me $6XX for the 3rd function. Plus I still have , my remotes free to run the TNT.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #53  
Go with the DK-40 and both remotes.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #54  
I think if you are pulling into a pile of brush you will need to close the grapple the raise the loader and maybe curl the loader plus steer the tractor. If you have it on a remote you will not be as efficient because you will have to take your hand off the loader joystick and possibly come to a stop. I wasn't saying you will damage a hose but the factory 3rd function looks and fits nicely on the tractor. By the time you by a remote and run hose from the front to the back of the tractor add a set of quick disconnects at the loader tower and the front of the loader you are up to or above the price of a 3rd function.

Having done the task you describe many many times with both systems, I still say there is virtually no difference in speed or ease. I make fewer grappling errors with the remote than with the third function diverter valve. Sometimes with the diverter you push the button a little to early or too late while operating the joystick and get a curl/dump function when you wanted grapple and vise versa. That sort of error virtually never occurs when using the remote as your hand is off the joystick. It simply becomes second nature with muscle memory to reach and operate the remote lever without looking or thinking any more than you would worry about shifting a manual transmission. It may sound more difficult but it really isn't.

Go check your prices on 3rd function valves vs remotes. The cost of a third function is about $600-900 installed by dealer. Probably more from the factory. The cost of using the rear remote (the DK40se has one standard) is jus the cost of hydraulic hose ($40-$50), fittings ($100 max) and a handful of zipties to hold the hoses up against the bottom of the operator station and along the FEL arms. $150 is way cheaper than any third function valve.

Final point: there are quite a few guys who for various reasons have been using rear remotes to control grapples. You don't see threads complaining about the "inefficiency" or difficulty of doing that. You also don't see threads from guys bragging that they "finally upgraded" from rear remotes. People who choose to start with grapple control via rear remote generally stick with it and are happy. 'nuf said.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #55  
They only charged me $6XX for the 3rd function. Plus I still have , my remotes free to run the TNT.

Roger, you got a VERY VERY good price then. :cool: Kubota's 3rd function lists out for $917 for your tractor.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #56  

MIE is great but for $350 his grapple kit must include a double set of fittings and hoses to allow a break at the operator station so you can remove the FEL without undoing the zipties. If someone really does remove their FEL all the time then it might be worth it. In seven years of tractor ownership I have removed my FEL once.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #57  
Having done the task you describe many many times with both systems, I still say there is virtually no difference in speed or ease. I make fewer grappling errors with the remote than with the third function diverter valve. Sometimes with the diverter you push the button a little to early or too late while operating the joystick and get a curl/dump function when you wanted grapple and vise versa. That sort of error virtually never occurs when using the remote as your hand is off the joystick. It simply becomes second nature with muscle memory to reach and operate the remote lever without looking or thinking any more than you would worry about shifting a manual transmission. It may sound more difficult but it really isn't.

Go check your prices on 3rd function valves vs remotes. The cost of a third function is about $600-900 installed by dealer. Probably more from the factory. The cost of using the rear remote (the DK40se has one standard) is jus the cost of hydraulic hose ($40-$50), fittings ($100 max) and a handful of zipties to hold the hoses up against the bottom of the operator station and along the FEL arms. $150 is way cheaper than any third function valve.

Final point: there are quite a few guys who for various reasons have been using rear remotes to control grapples. You don't see threads complaining about the "inefficiency" or difficulty of doing that. You also don't see threads from guys bragging that they "finally upgraded" from rear remotes. People who choose to start with grapple control via rear remote generally stick with it and are happy. 'nuf said.

I am talking about a 3rd function not a divertor valve. With a 3rd funtion you can run all 3 functions at once.

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #59  
I am talking about a 3rd function not a divertor valve. With a 3rd funtion you can run all 3 functions at once.

Roger, you can, but do you actually use all 3 functions at the same time? :confused3: And if you do, just how fast does everything actually move? My 7520 has a 17GPM implement pump and stuff moves slowly operating two functions, I can't imagine how slow things would be if I was operating 3 functions at once. :eek:

Just wondering is all. So many talk about having a true 3rd function, and that is all well and good. :cool: But how many actually make use of using 3 functions at once and at what speed are they able to do these operations? :confused:

/ kioti ck35hst sizing #60  
Roger, you can, but do you actually use all 3 functions at the same time? :confused3: And if you do, just how fast does everything actually move? My 7520 has a 17GPM implement pump and stuff moves slowly operating two functions, I can't imagine how slow things would be if I was operating 3 functions at once. :eek:

Just wondering is all. So many talk about having a true 3rd function, and that is all well and good. :cool: But how many actually make use of using 3 functions at once and at what speed are they able to do these operations? :confused:

I tried all 3 functions with the snowblade just to do it. I'll try it tomorrow with the grapple to see how fast it is. The point I was trying to make is you don't loose a function like you do with a divertor. You don't have to worry have the right function on either.