My NX5510H

/ My NX5510H
Picture of my grapple and forks wrapped up for shipping:

20160920_131956.jpg

Expected delivery is Wednesday. Will have to wait for the tractor before I can start figuring out the hydraulics: I am contemplating running hard lines on the loader arm; this will likely delay final implementation.

/ My NX5510H #12  
You will be happy with the cab. That is a really nice unit. Get us some action shots before you get it dirty. LOL

/ My NX5510H
With cab means that I can, as others have, install a monitor and cameras: my neck has taken a real beating from bouncing around while looking rearward on my B7800, so having a monitor and camera to watch what's happening to the rear of the tractor will be a great relief to it (my neck); will also help line up when attaching implements (with larger implements one has to be a bit more precise- smaller stuff you can push around to help line up).

Probably won't get around to installing this until after the garage+shop gets constructed.

P1120506.JPG

I'd never seen these cameras in person before. Man are they tiny! Not sure yet where they'll get mounted: maybe I'll wait until I get the tractor before I decide? :rolleyes:

/ My NX5510H #14  
I have mine fitted just under the rear right hand side working lamp.
I managed to get it onto the same bracket as the lamp using a spare bracket I had in my "recycling bin" in the workshop..
Here's a photograph of the back of the tractor where you might be able to see it...IMG_3243.JPG

/ My NX5510H
If I squint I can pretend that I see it! :laughing: These cameras are really, really tiny! (when I'd opened up the boxes I was wondering where they were as I couldn't readily pick them out through all the wiring)

Your flail has hydraulic side shift, yes? Is that a PTO drive coming off the backside of that flail's gearbox? (looks like a PTO cap)

/ My NX5510H #16  
Yes, the cameras are tiny. I'm not sure I can see it here, and I know where it is!!
Re PTO cover... Yes, correct.
The Müthing is a fantastically well engineered mulching flail from Germany, that can (with more HP) use that PTO side be ganged (drive) with other/s if in a trailered configuration...
or...
You can lift off the side shift and mounting bracket and put it on the mower the other way about, swapping the capped PTO over - for front mounting..
I have been toying with the idea of finding a way to use the mid PTO (2000rpm) to drive it in that configuration...
But then it's easy enough to mount as it is, and it works - so that's not a priority..
Here's a better photo.
IMG_3244.JPG

/ My NX5510H #18  
Thanks. Have had one before (8 years of heavy work), and this is the replacement.. only replaced because I could - the other one is still fine and now with someone else..
It's a 2.2m or 7 feet 3 inches wide cut, and shifts about 2 feet in/out using the side shift.
Very stable in any position.
Built like a tank. (Panzer? :ashamed:)
Yes you could borrow it - but you could probably buy one for the cost of shipping!!:p
Their web page is MUTHING GmbH & Co. KG - Soest - Landau - Neumarkt - Uffenheim - Bad Kreuznach - Langensteinach - MU-H Vario

/ My NX5510H
As mentioned, post info on your flail in that flail thread. There are some flail snobs there and yours might make them a little more humble!;) Interesting that it's that light (weight-wise). My pocketbook had me looking at a Chinese flail that was 88" and weighs over 1,300 lbs: (Deposit) FM-88H PTO Flail Mower (88")

If I knew that the flail that I was looking at could hold up to 1 1/2" brush I might lean in that direction. Right now I'm leaning back toward a higher-end rotary cutter: lots of brush to go after. My conundrum is that as I clear I have more grass to mow and need a more efficient mower (until I can get animals to do it for me!).

I recently got a dump trailer (used 5x10 Dump Trailers | Best Trailer, Inc. my equipment rental guy has only the best stuff!). The Panzer of dump trailers :D Will be towing that with the new tractor; going to be hauling a bunch of material/fill (from just up the road).

Speaking of towing, what's the best way to get a ball on the NX drawbar? Are there receivers that one can put on it, or just direct-mount the ball? (Pintle hitch would likely be best in the long-run)

/ My NX5510H #20  
As mentioned, post info on your flail in that flail thread. There are some flail snobs there and yours might make them a little more humble!;) Interesting that it's that light (weight-wise). My pocketbook had me looking at a Chinese flail that was 88" and weighs over 1,300 lbs: (Deposit) FM-88H PTO Flail Mower (88")

If I knew that the flail that I was looking at could hold up to 1 1/2" brush I might lean in that direction. Right now I'm leaning back toward a higher-end rotary cutter: lots of brush to go after. My conundrum is that as I clear I have more grass to mow and need a more efficient mower (until I can get animals to do it for me!).

I recently got a dump trailer (used 5x10 Dump Trailers | Best Trailer, Inc. my equipment rental guy has only the best stuff!). The Panzer of dump trailers :D Will be towing that with the new tractor; going to be hauling a bunch of material/fill (from just up the road).

Speaking of towing, what's the best way to get a ball on the NX drawbar? Are there receivers that one can put on it, or just direct-mount the ball? (Pintle hitch would likely be best in the long-run)

If I get time I may just post about the Müthing - in my view, the best flail mowers on the planet - and I've used at least 20 varieties...
Their use of decent steel and good design makes all the difference...
Oh, and I've chopped well over 2" stuff (fallen branches etc..) and it just shreds it - as long as you give it time and keep the PTO speed up at 540rpm +/- 20rpm.

I use a 6 tonne capacity AW trailer (designed for a full size tractor) for our hauling - but that has a pintle "ring" fitting. If you look at the mower photo's you'll see my tractor has a "pick up hitch" (PUH) that drops the hook so you can hitch without leaving the seat.. Only need to get out if heading out on the roads - and need to plug in the lighting cable.. It's a little big for the NX6010 - but as long as I'm not fully loaded (4.5 tonne total) then its usually fine.

If I had to use a ball mount trailer (not used here at all in agriculture - except for a quad bike trailed item) then I'd keep the drawbar intact by either using a pin with a ball top - for the standard drawbar or go for a hitch frame.
The strong three-point link US style hitch frames that allow the use of drag chains and other robust logging style things look very useful - if you need one anyway for a trailer... Probably the way to go.
Otherwise use a pintle pin with a ball on the top - that way you get the best of both worlds - as long as you make sure that the drawbar load is OK and the pintle pin is the right size with little vertical play and a bolt through the clevis pin hole - just to stop any "accidents":ashamed:

Hope that helps..