FEL repair kit

/ FEL repair kit #11  
I was not aware that the repair kit for the "130's" was available yet.Does it come with the pieces custom painted? and... Was it supplied by Kioti free of charge?I have both the original loader as well as the bush guard.(2005)

/ FEL repair kit #12  
Mine is the older loader then. Thanks for the pic. No cracks as of yet at 139 hrs.

/ FEL repair kit #13  
I bought my tractor new in Nov. '06. Here is how it came. I never understood why the "fix" took so long when it came on mine last year.

tractor001-1.jpg

tractor002.jpg

/ FEL repair kit #14  
So should I ask my dealer for a Kit? Was it supposed to go on all 2007 loaders?

/ FEL repair kit #15  
I haven't heard a word from my dealer or Kioti.

/ FEL repair kit #16  
RedRocker said:
I haven't heard a word from my dealer or Kioti.

Give them a break. It's only been two years since this problem was reported to Kioti. They need a little more time to get their act together.:(

/ FEL repair kit #17  
IslandTractor said:
Give them a break. It's only been two years since this problem was reported to Kioti. They need a little more time to get their act together.:(

Sorry, I'm famous for being unreasonable in my expectations.:)

/ FEL repair kit #18  
The "kit" is out there somewhere, I would ask your dealer. One dealer I talked with said he received enough kits to do all the units he had. He is putting them on all units that come through his shop, if the loaders are cracked or not. I don't know if there is a charge for them or not. Another dealer told me there is no cracking issue on the 130's, only the 120's, so he didn't know anything about any 'kit' to fix a nonexistant problem. :confused:

/ FEL repair kit #19  
IXLR8 said:
The "kit" is out there somewhere, I would ask your dealer. One dealer I talked with said he received enough kits to do all the units he had. He is putting them on all units that come through his shop, if the loaders are cracked or not. I don't know if there is a charge for them or not. Another dealer told me there is no cracking issue on the 130's, only the 120's, so he didn't know anything about any 'kit' to fix a nonexistant problem. :confused:

Because Kioti Korporate has never bothered to provide official updates on this problem there is still a fair amount of misinformation floating around. As best I can tell:

1) the problem absolutely affects KL130's and the original posting of this loader cracking problem was related to Highbeam's KL130. Cracked KL120's and 130's seem about equally represented in reports on TBN and while there is no accurate denominator data it seems that up to a quarter of these loaders (pre 2007) have developed cracking.

2) There is no problem with the 2007 and later loaders that have the "B" designation on their riveted name plate (the KL120B and KL130B). The new loaders are easily identified by the presence of a true round torque tube that projects all the way through the loader arms.

3) No actual loader failures reported by anyone.

4) The KL120 repair kit has been out for more than a year and has not presented any problems. Just about anyone with a KL120 can get the kit dealer installed. There was clearly no charge for this installation by the dealer at least through last September per the original Kioti announcement. I suspect they are still installing them without charge (they'd be morons not to).

5) The KL130 kit has been problematic. There were apparently at least three, perhaps more, slight variations in the construction/dimensions of the KL130 loaders over the years and Kioti was apparently not aware of this (they outsource the loaders to anohter Korean company). There were apparently not very good records kept of serial numbers and modifications. This resulted in finding out that the original KL130 repair kits issued last year only fit a fraction of the KL130 loaders and that no one could tell which ones would fit and which would not. Kioti withdrew (or more accurately never released) the KL130 repair kit and went back to their very slow drawing board (at least 9months since they found out about this issue). As far as I know they have not yet released either a universal KL130 repair kit nor have they sorted out how to identify which loader needs which specific type of repair kit.

6) A few frustrated individuals have simply bought new version (KL130B) loader arms and installed them. I believe the cost was somewhat over $600 but never looked into this myself. Seems to me that Kioti should offer these things at cost or below cost and include free dealer installation as a sign of good will for those who want to go that route. Given Korporate Kioti's head in the sand mentality, I consider this just another pipe dream.

Bottom line is that the loaders are all still functional even when cracked so there is no functional issue but when this whole issue will finally be resolved and put behind us is anyone's guess.

/ FEL repair kit #20  
there are still KL120 and 130s being sold as 2007 new models so figure there will be 2008s, I did work a deal with a dealer to switch 120 arms with 120B arms for 500 dollars and I figure it was worth it, worst case Kioti will recall all arms, offer a replacement for free down the road, wishfull thinking on my part but I think they will do a recall once the first cracking arms fail and cause injury to someone