Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40

Default Injector Pump failure

I have learned so much from many of you on this forum that I need to pass on what I have learned.
    A year ago my DK40 with about a 100 hrs. on it went to full throttle after a restart. Called my dealer and he had a replacement installed in a few days. It now has 150 hrs. on it with no problems.
    I recently talked to the mechanic and asked if they had taken my old pump apart to see what had happened to make it fail. He hadn't and allowed me to take it apart. The first and second pictures shows the broken gear tooth that jammed it full throttle. The third picture shows, for those of you interested, what is inside these things. When the mechanic saw what had failed he handed me a three cylinder pump from another Kioti. The fourth picture shows two broken teeth on the gear from it. Their opinion is that the violent action of the solenoid is breaking the teeth.
    I agree with them because I found nothing else wrong. Quality of the individual sintered metal gears could be questioned since not all gears fail.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -008-588x480-jpg   -009-640x479-jpg   -p1010133-640x480-jpg   -p1010140-640x480-jpg  

Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE Hydro

Default Re: Injector Pump failure

That's interesting Bob, thanks for the pic's. But if the solenoids are too much for the gears would we not see more IP failures?
    2008 KIOTI DK40Se Hydro
    1978 Sling Blade/wood handle

Veteran Member
    Approved Advertiser
    Tractor
    MAHINDRA

We were told that..... The gear was made with to hard of steel.
    Wallace Tractor and Equipment
    www.wallacetractorandequipment.com
    rwallacetractor@echoes.net
    RICK WALLACE

(570) 689-7494

We're not just a tractor store anymore!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    265 MF / JD 310B Backhoe

Quote Originally Posted by wallace View Post
    We were told that..... The gear was made with to hard of steel.
    It sounds logical at least.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    CK30HST

Seeing the inside of the pump was interesting, thanks.

Mike

Tractor
    kioti ck20s

My Kioti CK 20S is in for repair right noe for injector pump failure. I believe it is the same issue show here. It led to incidents of out of control very high RPMs. Apparently the glow plug tips also broke off. This seems to have happened fairly often and is due to defective manufacturing or design. Has Kioto offered to help with these repairs? Or Bosch (who, I believe, makes the pump)?

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti CK30HST

Members have posted having their pump replaced under warranty on various models. I don't know if anyone didn't have to pay "after" warranty. The early CK30 injector pump had a problem with a plastic part going bad which was apparently redesigned.
    Vic
    2004 Kioti CK30hst, KL130 fel, KB2375 bh

Tractor
    KIOTI

Quote Originally Posted by PatS
    My Kioti CK 20S is in for repair right noe for injector pump failure. I believe it is the same issue show here. It led to incidents of out of control very high RPMs. Apparently the glow plug tips also broke off. This seems to have happened fairly often and is due to defective manufacturing or design. Has Kioto offered to help with these repairs? Or Bosch (who, I believe, makes the pump)?
    I have not seen a CK20 injection pump failure. Doesnt mean it cannot happen. I do not expect KIOTI to warranty it unless the tractor is less than two years old. Your dealer that is working on the tractor can call and ask. Worst thing - KIOTI will say is no.

Couple things for your future information. These little pumps really don't like biodiesel - discontinue use. Next ALWAYS (cannot stress this enough!), use some sort of fuel additive. KIOTI has one, FPPF Polar Power, Stanadyne, and of course LUCAS.

I use Polar Power in my trucks, KIOTI in my tractors. Both of these have blends for summer and winter use. Very critical.

One thing you have heard before and I will repeat. To get to the 15ppm rating they burn the lubricating properties out of the fuel. These additives NEED to be put in every tank full.

I believe in them. Every tractor leaves my dealership with required amount of KIOTI fuel treatment.

Tony
    Tony LaVoie
    J A LaVoie Equipment Sales, Inc.

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVoie Equipment View Post
    I have not seen a CK20 injection pump failure. Doesnt mean it cannot happen. I do not expect KIOTI to warranty it unless the tractor is less than two years old. Your dealer that is working on the tractor can call and ask. Worst thing - KIOTI will say is no.

Couple things for your future information. These little pumps really don't like biodiesel - discontinue use. Next ALWAYS (cannot stress this enough!), use some sort of fuel additive. KIOTI has one, FPPF Polar Power, Stanadyne, and of course LUCAS.

I use Polar Power in my trucks, KIOTI in my tractors. Both of these have blends for summer and winter use. Very critical.

One thing you have heard before and I will repeat. To get to the 15ppm rating they burn the lubricating properties out of the fuel. These additives NEED to be put in every tank full.

I believe in them. Every tractor leaves my dealership with required amount of KIOTI fuel treatment.

Tony
    Curious as to why one needs to add an additive to every tank of fuel used in ALL Kioti tractors?
    I know what your saying about the 'dry' fuel, but can nothing diesel run without adding something to the fuel?
    To date I've run a DK-35 for 350 hours and my current DK-40 for over 215+ hours with no additives whatsoever. I've had no starting issues, no frozen or gelled fuel issues, etc., etc. Granted, I do keep my fuel in an insulated tank stored in an indoor garage, and my local supplier cuts the fuel for winter months use.
    I'm not saying you're wrong, but does Kioti suggest or require and additive to be used?
    If so, where do they state this?
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Tractor
    JD 4310,JD5420

Looks like part was possibly made from powdered metal? Look at the machined diameter, it looks porous to me.
    there are 2 kinds of oats. Oats in front of a horse, and oats behind the horse.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast