CK30 Injection Pump

/ CK30 Injection Pump #21  
You got it....governor lever won't move until you start it and centrifical force takes over and moves it towards pin and pushes it to idle. If it was working properly and you turned key on and solenoid released...you would see that pin move all the way to governor tab then turn key to start and when it starts you will see the governor move the pin back to idle. When my first one went it was stuck exactley like yours in the off position. Teeth on gears in pump broke off and jammed it up.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #22  
btward79,

If you go to second page on kioti owing/operating and look at post titled Injector pump failure from bob42 on a DK40 you will see pictures of what my IP pump looks like. The broken teeth on the gears is exactly what mine look like also. Good luck with any response from kioti. the only thing i can get my dealer to say after three different stops( latest one this past friday) is it is because of fuel. This is nothing more than a bunch of nonsense and it is nothing more than a piece of junk made in KOrea that bosch and zexel will not support.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #23  
So the 1st lever close towards our view is the throttle? That doesn't appear to touch or be in any position to ever touch that pin on the rod in the pump... Now that 2nd lever hiding in the back there the govener I believe you're saying that still doesn't touch the pin on the rod but I can see how it could do that... Unfortunatly, that pin doesn't move at all.

As for the tube piece I figured that's what you were referring too... I see another post here http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/230395-ck25-will-not-start.html
mentioning to remove the stop solenoid... What is the dangers in removing this I see some words of caution...

btward: Hopefully, this excerpt will explain how the linkages are intended to work:
http://kittrellcommunitywatch.dyndns.org/Kioti IP operation

The figure is confusing because it makes it look like the rack pin goes in the slot of the throttle lever, which is not the case as dlw has explained.

Last edited:
   / CK30 Injection Pump
btward79,

If you go to second page on kioti owing/operating and look at post titled Injector pump failure from bob42 on a DK40 you will see pictures of what my IP pump looks like. The broken teeth on the gears is exactly what mine look like also. Good luck with any response from kioti. the only thing i can get my dealer to say after three different stops( latest one this past friday) is it is because of fuel. This is nothing more than a bunch of nonsense and it is nothing more than a piece of junk made in KOrea that bosch and zexel will not support.

I've seen those pictures. Thanks! As Scott mentioned, the bottom of that whole IP pump is lubed by oil not Diesel. Have you mentioned that?

Scott, Thanks for the link. I'm on board with that. Thanks to everyone for all of the help. At this point I'm waiting to see what the dealer can do. If nothing I'll try the other two in the general area. If Kioti won't own up to a 39hr tractor with an IP failure (not to mention broken tach needle, electric only has 2yr warrenty :( ) one month out of warrenty then I guess it shows what type of company they are. This is a pretty serious thing. And you can bet your bank account anyone reading these posts on the edge between buying a Kioti tractor or another brand, this will quickly make them go the other direction.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #25  
As I understand it, the rack pin should be inside the slot of that lever and the spring acts on the lever which acts on the pin. ...

Disregard my previous opinion/thought. dlw has actually been inside these things and I'm sure he's right.

I was confused by an older version of the linkages. I now understand the IP rack is spring-loaded to the front so the forward position is established only by the stop on the governor lever (unless the stop solenoid or manual stop lever pushes the rack to the off position). The throttle lever (slotted one with spring) interacts directly with the governor lever (under front cover where you can't see it) to establish the position of the governor lever where it limits the forward travel of the rack pin.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #26  
I've seen those pictures. Thanks! As Scott mentioned, the bottom of that whole IP pump is lubed by oil not Diesel. Have you mentioned that?

Scott, Thanks for the link. I'm on board with that. Thanks to everyone for all of the help. At this point I'm waiting to see what the dealer can do. If nothing I'll try the other two in the general area. If Kioti won't own up to a 39hr tractor with an IP failure (not to mention broken tach needle, electric only has 2yr warrenty :( ) one month out of warrenty then I guess it shows what tquitype of company they are. This is a pretty serious thing. And you can bet your bank account anyone reading these posts on the edge between buying a Kioti tractor or another brand, this will quickly make them go the other direction.[/QUOTE

Maybe people in other countries dont mind spending 1000 to 1500 on this problem with only 20 to 500 or so hours before this part goes. I know I do and I am sure there are others in America that mind as well.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #27  

Scott, Thanks for the link. I'm on board with that. Thanks to everyone for all of the help. At this point I'm waiting to see what the dealer can do. If nothing I'll try the other two in the general area. If Kioti won't own up to a 39hr tractor with an IP failure (not to mention broken tach needle, electric only has 2yr warrenty :( ) one month out of warrenty then I guess it shows what tquitype of company they are. This is a pretty serious thing. And you can bet your bank account anyone reading these posts on the edge between buying a Kioti tractor or another brand, this will quickly make them go the other direction.

Maybe people in other countries dont mind spending 1000 to 1500 on this problem with only 20 to 500 or so hours before this part goes. I know I do and I am sure there are others in America that mind as well.

This is a customer service issue more that a manufacturer issue. Anyone can make or buy a batch of bad parts. The real pros catch the problem early and fix them, including retrofits. In this case it looks like some bad parts slipped through the crack and got to customers; so now it's a customer service issue. We've heard plenty on TBN about how Kioti USA handles customer service (it's the dealer's problem, stone-wall the customer). And they previously fired a bunch of their dealers.

It would be interesting to know if Bobcat works directly with Daedong or through Kioti USA. If the former, I might need a bucket of white paint.

/ CK30 Injection Pump
I was searching through the forum over the weekend and someone had a name and number for someone who worked at Kioti head quarters. Anyone have that name and number? I sure wished I wrote it down when I saw it!

/ CK30 Injection Pump #29  
Ron Parish,Chief Manufacturing Director 919-374-5100 Good Luck..

/ CK30 Injection Pump
Ron Parish,Chief Manufacturing Director 919-374-5100 Good Luck..

Now that's just outstanding! Thanks murphy1244! I think I'll wait until afternoon if I haven't heard back from my dealer before calling. I don't want to abuse it but this is apparently a big problem for the "pack".