CK30 Injection Pump

/ CK30 Injection Pump
First let me say thank you so much to everyone on this forum for your help. This is truely an outstanding forum!

Update: I called the dealer closest to me (50mi) and basically he told me to get lost because I didn't buy my loader from him which was $500 more from him than another dealer that was 100mi away. There's a lot more to this story but I'll save it.

So I called the dealer I bought the loader from and while he said he wasen't sure there was anything he could do he felt for me and said he would try. I'm 39hrs and one month out of warrenty. I purchased used at 32 from a private party. Mark the sales rep at the dealer I'm working with (Miller Equipment) called back today and said Kioti is going to replace my pump! He passed me off to the service department to work the rest out. I told the gal how thankful I was and mentioned to both of these people the forum and how many troubles we are having with these pumps.

She said bring the tractor down and they'll pull it out inspect it if that's the cause have Kioti send the replacement. I told her unfortunatly and that I understand this is my problem. But I do not have a truck and trailer capable of towing my tractor and told her the cost to rent/fuel etc. She said she will talk to her tech and see what she can do. The dealer will be charging me for the time which works out to around $340, for inspection/install.

I recieved a call back telling me to pull the pump and mail, they will inspect it and if it's the pump they will send out a service tech to install a new one in the tractor! Apparently, they have to install it themselves for the warrenty. They mentioned timing etc, but I see no timing after taking out the pump. Nonethesless I am a pretty happy camper at the moment! I do have to pay for the service call too. So my total is around $700 which still sucks for a tractor that hasn't even reached break in but what can you do? I thanked her over and over.

Below is a picture after I was done. I wrapped the whole thing in ceran wrap. I was a bit nervous taking the fuel lines off the injectors. That paint flakes right off. If something gets in there is there anything keeping it from falling inside the injector?

1.jpg

/ CK30 Injection Pump #32  
btward and dlw: Thanks for all the photos and description. I always understood how the IP was supposed to work (previous experience with marine and auto Diesels) but the Kioti control linkages had me confused. Between the photos and description on this thread, I feel sufficiently educated in case I fall victim to Zexel IP failure on my DK45.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #33  
That's Awesome!!! Glad you found someone to help!!!!! I didn't take my lines off of injectors just moved them enough to get pump out but if you have them covered you should be ok. Let me know how you make out and when you get it running!!!!!

/ CK30 Injection Pump #34  
btward,

thanks for video, that is exactly how my pump was when I took it out also. When my husband and I removed ours we just stopped everytime some paint broke loose and wiped it off. This took forever but wanted to be sure about not getting paint in injectors also. Then we would cover the top of injector where line came off with masking tape to keep stuff out. Before we loosened anything we also took an air compressor to blow dirt off so was clean before we started. When finished taking pump out we put all pieces back on except high pressure lines and then took two layers of wax paper and pressed over stubs that hold injection pump on and screwed the nuts on to keep wax paper in place so we could keep stuff out of that area also.

I also think this is a wonder site. The people are very good and have quick and good answers for your questions. I have not tried to upload pictures or videos becuase I have never tried to do this and not sure how.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #35  
btward,

thanks for video, that is exactly how my pump was when I took it out also. When my husband and I removed ours we just stopped everytime some paint broke loose and wiped it off. This took forever but wanted to be sure about not getting paint in injectors also. Then we would cover the top of injector where line came off with masking tape to keep stuff out. Before we loosened anything we also took an air compressor to blow dirt off so was clean before we started. When finished taking pump out we put all pieces back on except high pressure lines and then took two layers of wax paper and pressed over stubs that hold injection pump on and screwed the nuts on to keep wax paper in place so we could keep stuff out of that area also.

I also think this is a wonder site. The people are very good and have quick and good answers for your questions. I have not tried to upload pictures or videos becuase I have never tried to do this and not sure how.

/ CK30 Injection Pump
btward,

That's good to know. Sounds like the same exact problem then. I probably have some broken gears as well. I mailed it off this AM. Dealer should get it tomorrow or Saturday. Fortunatly, I have two weeks off starting next week. Unfortunatly, the dealers mechanic is on vacation for a week too. :(

I should have done what you did concerning wiping it off. I saw a small paint flake at the top of two injectors. I got it out with a toothpick. dlw1501 to shoot some carb cleaner down into each injector to get anything that might be in there out. Think I'll end up doing that to be on the safe side.

To post a pic, see the icons above your typing window? There is the ABC with a check mark on the far right. The third icon over will let you post pictures.... Try it out!

/ CK30 Injection Pump
Update:

I have a confirmed pump failure. Sorry for the delay here. Dealer confirmed it was broken gears. Kioti is stepping up to the plate to replace the pump. Unfortunatly, it's still going to cost me around $700 for the repair. The shops time to diagnose the pump, and send out service tech to install it which they have to do. I live 100mi from the dealer.

They are suppose to be here Wednesday to do the work. Looking forward to a running tractor again and inserting the pins on my loader for use!

/ CK30 Injection Pump #38  
Thats Great!!!!! at least now you"ll have a running tractor again!!!!! Its a little easier for me to get my parts....my dealer is about a half a mile away!!!!!

/ CK30 Injection Pump #39  
Thats Great!!!!! at least now you"ll have a running tractor again!!!!! Its a little easier for me to get my parts....my dealer is about a half a mile away!!!!!

dlw1501 i couldnt find our post so hope btward79 doesnt mind. Also glad to hear it is working out for you btward79.

I posted on my original thread an update but if you missed it I did get a new Bobcat IP from Wallace tractor and equipment. I just could not work with my local dealer who we bought the tractor from.

Wallace was great got part really quickly and 320.00 less than a kioti IP. We had other obligations and didnt get to put it on till 10-12-12. Took four hours because we took our time so not to get dirt or paint flakes in anything. and after we bled system and cranked about 8 times it fired up and is running fine.

Thanks again for sharing your story and recommending Bobcat.

Hope everything works out well for you btward79.

/ CK30 Injection Pump #40  
Awesome Sherrym.......The people at Wallace are great. They helped me so much. And its great that they are about a half a mile from my house. Glad to hear your up and running!!!!!!!!!