The beast is a pig!

/ The beast is a pig! #21  
Just like a GMC the top of the tank is huge but the last half is gone in a hart beat.

/ The beast is a pig! #22  
There is a thread here someplace where a guy removed the sending unit and re-bent the the float arm so the gauge read more accurately.

When mine shows empty I can ad 5 gal to fill it up, so it's only "off" by 50%:laughing: At least i know I have one heck of a reserve.

/ The beast is a pig!
Since this is the time of year I don't use the tractor very often, it's taken a while to get through an actual full tank. The hour meter now reads 52 hrs and it is just above the E line so I got approx. 14 hrs out of the tank! I will say a very large part of that was at an idle warming the tractor up as we're now into sub freezing temps and the work I've been doing is stuff like driving T posts with the FEL, moving the snowblower to repaint it etc, so it's mostly easy work at a low RPM. I guess it helps to actually fill the tank :laughing:

/ The beast is a pig! #24  
I'm just over the 30 hour mark on my DK40 and I'm just about ready to fill the tank for the 3rd time, so I'm getting about 15 hours per tank, maybe 16 if I ran it right down to nothing.

I haven't been doing any serious work, a lot of loader work, a little plowing, maybe 5 hours running the wood splitter.

I'm sure once I start blowing snow I'll be getting 10-12 hours per tank.

Jason

/ The beast is a pig! #25  
I always refill tractor while still warm to try to cut down on moisture forming in tank. The 50hp burns around one gallon per hour. The 36hp and less burn around half gallon per hour. Other tractors I have owned 36hp and less all half gallon per hour. Takes hp to do work, and fuel to make hp. Always better than shoveling no matter how much fuel is used! lol

/ The beast is a pig! #26  
There is some discussion on the significance of the hour meter reading. And it may be different on different Kioti models. It was discussed previously here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/164597-hour-meter-operation.html

It seems that many (most?) of these meters log one hour per hour of real time at about 2000 (or maybe 2400) rpm but less than an hour at idle rpm. I guess you need to test this on your tractor to know what your hour meter really indicates.

My DK45S manual says:
"This meter shows the number of hours
the tractor has been operated at rated
engine rpm. "

/ The beast is a pig! #27  
I'd forget about any comparisons between your CK-20 and the DK-45.
Plus you state use in high gear and running on the road, full blast AC, etc., not usual uses for most of these size HST tractors. Were you dragging the brake too?!:laughing:
Anyway I have 400+ hours on my DK-40, no cab, no AC, does have a canopy, and I usually put about 8-9 gallons in at any fill up. I happen to have a 200 gallon +/- fuel storage tank, with metering, so I can see what it takes to fill to the top of the tank each time.
The biggest difference I see in fuel consumption is in or out of 4WD.
I try to equate fuel use to work performed, and as already stated what it would cost to have someone else do the work. Since I've wracked up over $275,000 in excavation/foundation/clearing costs in the last 4 years, my tractor fuel costs are really negligible by comparison.:shocked:

/ The beast is a pig!
There is some discussion on the significance of the hour meter reading. And it may be different on different Kioti models. It was discussed previously here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/owning-operating/164597-hour-meter-operation.html

It seems that many (most?) of these meters log one hour per hour of real time at about 2000 (or maybe 2400) rpm but less than an hour at idle rpm. I guess you need to test this on your tractor to know what your hour meter really indicates.

My DK45S manual says:
"This meter shows the number of hours
the tractor has been operated at rated
engine rpm. "

I remember that discussion but I'm a little skeptical that this is the case with the DK SE series, only because that would mean that I actually ran longer than the 14hrs on the clock since a lot of the time was at an idle, and I don't think that's possible. I also did my Christmas lights last weekend and since no job is worth doing if you can't use your tractor, it was with me running at an idle most of the time I was out. I rachet strapped an extention ladder to my pallet forks to be able to get to the top of a 50 ft tree (Darwin award territory, I know) and only increased the RPMs to reposition. I was out for 2 hrs on that tree and the hour meter now says 54hrs.

/ The beast is a pig! #29  
I'd forget about any comparisons between your CK-20 and the DK-45.
Plus you state use in high gear and running on the road, full blast AC, etc., not usual uses for most of these size HST tractors. Were you dragging the brake too?!:laughing:
Anyway I have 400+ hours on my DK-40, no cab, no AC, does have a canopy, and I usually put about 8-9 gallons in at any fill up. I happen to have a 200 gallon +/- fuel storage tank, with metering, so I can see what it takes to fill to the top of the tank each time.
The biggest difference I see in fuel consumption is in or out of 4WD.
I try to equate fuel use to work performed, and as already stated what it would cost to have someone else do the work. Since I've wracked up over $275,000 in excavation/foundation/clearing costs in the last 4 years, my tractor fuel costs are really negligible by comparison.:shocked:

Hey, wow somebody that uses a tractor. 400 hours on a 10 model, I have had mine about 9 months with almost 200 hours. All personal use, no business or farm use. I plowed snow for about 6 hours last weekend [ we got anywhere from 18" to 24"] and used a little less than 5 gallons of fuel, I am impressed to say the least. CJ

/ The beast is a pig! #30  
I remember that discussion but I'm a little skeptical that this is the case with the DK SE series, only because that would mean that I actually ran longer than the 14hrs on the clock since a lot of the time was at an idle, and I don't think that's possible. I also did my Christmas lights last weekend and since no job is worth doing if you can't use your tractor, it was with me running at an idle most of the time I was out. I rachet strapped an extention ladder to my pallet forks to be able to get to the top of a 50 ft tree (Darwin award territory, I know) and only increased the RPMs to reposition. I was out for 2 hrs on that tree and the hour meter now says 54hrs.
Unless I misunderstood you last posted 52 hours and most recently did two hours in a tree, so 54 hours would be the sum of your hours- NO?
Are there pics, so you can be submitted to the Canadian Darwin awards committee?