The beast is a pig!

/ The beast is a pig!
Unless I misunderstood you last posted 52 hours and most recently did two hours in a tree, so 54 hours would be the sum of your hours- NO?
Are there pics, so you can be submitted to the Canadian Darwin awards committee?

Yes, I started at 52 hrs and the meter now reads 54 hrs as I would expect since I was out there for 2 hrs. That tells me regardless of RPM, the meter is counting actual hrs. No pics since I lived and therefor disqualified myself from the prestigious award. Since my wife wouldn't as much as look outside while this was going on and I was balancing at the top of the ladder with a pole in one hand trying to grab the swining lights with the other (oh ya, this was on a crazy windy day), there was no opportunity for pics.

/ The beast is a pig! #32  
Ken I realize you were busy with the lighting, and had no opportunity for photography, but perhaps you could re-create the scene with the ladder and have your wife now standing by with the camera to "capture the moment" so to speak:D I am sure it would make a nice addition to the post here, especially given this festive time of year.:D

Merry Christmas!

James K0UA

/ The beast is a pig!
I don't know, my neighbours think I'm crazy enough as it is :laughing: It was actually a lot of work to get it all rigged up and strapped tight. I'll post a picture of the tree lit up, but I think you'll have to use your imagination to get a picture of an extension ladder ratchet strapped to a set of pallet forks fully raised with a dummy dancing around on top with a 20ft chimney sweeping pole swaying around in his hand. I'm not sure I'd want to see an actual picture of that.

/ The beast is a pig! #34  
I was kidding Ken, I would not want really want you to risk life and limb again.

/ The beast is a pig! #35  
Really Ken, the 'ole, I only have two hands excuse for no pics?!:confused3:
I'll buy the my wife wouldn't even look outside routine- that makes it so much easier for the EMT's to just do a chalk outline instead of actually having to try to revive you.
I'm surprised you didn't wait for a blizzard so it would be harder to locate you in the snow, after several hours of your wife wondering what might have happened outside and finally deciding to take a look.:)