KL 1450 loader

/ KL 1450 loader
I have a question about testing the tilt cylinder seals.
I rolled the bucket back against the stops.
This pushes the piston to the top of the cylinder, I then removed the hydraulic hoses at the top of the cylinder, started the tractor and held pressure rolling the bucket against the stops.
If the seals were leaking by oil should try coming out the top holes. That is my theory anyway. Is this correct ?
I saw no oil trying to leak past the seals.

/ KL 1450 loader
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You did it right . Your seals should be ok. )</font>

Actually I was kind of hoping one of the cylinders was leaking by. Repairing that would help the power in addition to the other changes I made.
Oh well, hopefully the changes I made will be enough.
If not I will try something differant.
The ground here is frozen solid so its hard to put it to the test.

/ KL 1450 loader #15  
Vince

Great idea and great work I would be real curios as to how this works out. does it seem to help with the angle also.?

John

/ KL 1450 loader
My roll back angle on the bucket is the same as before. I didn't gain or loose anything there.
I did loose some dump angle,I didn't put enough curve in the linkage I made and they hit the bucket near the lower bucket pin before I run out of cylinder.
I'm going to use them as is for a while to see if I gained enough roll back power.
If the power suits me I will just make new linkage with more curve on the lower half to clear the bucket pin so I get full throw from the cylinders.
Problem is every thing here is froze solid and it may be awhile before I can see what I gained.

/ KL 1450 loader #17  
vince, I think if there were a blow-by type leak your method should have found it.

Something else you may want to check. The hydralic pressure at the cylinder. I think it should be about 2000psi. It should be availible in the machines specs. You could have a leak in the control valve limiting its pressure.

/ KL 1450 loader
Thanks Charlie,
The loaders owners manual calls for 2300PSI.
I recently turned the pressure up to 2400 PSI.
When I ran the hydraulic pressure test I plugged into one of the loader quick couplers coming out of the loader valve.
When running the test I was plugged in to the loader lift coupler.
You are correct though, just to be sure the loader valve is working properly I should also check the pressure from the loader roll back coupler .

/ KL 1450 loader
Charlie,
I did as you suggested and tested the presure at the bottom of the cylinder, just to make sure the valve was OK and no blockages to the cylinder.
The pressure is good.
The seals are good.
Everything looks good, so the stock bucket pins being to close together (5") seems to be the only problem I can find.

/ KL 1450 loader #20  
Mr. DK
If you fill the bucket up with somethig heavy, Curl it all the way,,,,, will the bucket (tilt cylinders) bleed down? The cylinders should hold for days wheather the engine is running or not.
If the cylinders bleed down then give me an e-mail and I can tell you the fix. you may be barking up the wrong tree.
I,ve had that complant here a time or two.