Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #1  

DeanFM

Tractor
Kioti NX5510, Kubota ZD326, (formerly owned Kubota B2910 and L3240)
About 30 hours on my NX5510-Cab now. Running great, seems up to my challenges. This is my first cab tractor. I almost feel guilty without the dirt, dust, and bugs getting to me. Rolled over a significant bumble bee nest this weekend. They were very upset, then apparently surprised by the glass between us. Kioti Cab = 1, Bumblebees = 0.

However, about at about 10 hours, the right hand door has started to squeak, when closed, underway, and at PTO RPM's.

At about 20 hours, the left hand door started doing this as well. It's quite a loud squeak, constant, almost a high frequency rattle, and sounds like it is coming directly from the door latches (or possibly from somewhere near as well). When I pull inward on the door tightly, inward tension halts the squeaking. Outward tension on the door also halts the squeaking.

Anyone else had this experience? Also, looking for adjustment point, I can't seem to find one. Any ideas for tightening?

Thanks!
Dean

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #2  
Haven't had the issue with my NX (85+ hrs so far). So can't help, other than to confirm that it is not a normal condition. Worth a call to the dealer.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #3  
If the door is squeaking, the lock is likely not latching tight enough causing the door to work against the rubber weather stripping. Check the latch the lock mechanism grabs to see if it has obviously moved. Look at the locking mechanism on the door. If nothing appears loose, and everything is in order, first loosen the latch on the A pillar (the forward-most cab post), move the latch plate slightly inward and snug it back up and see it that doesn't fix your door squeak. The door may require just a bit more force to close as it will fit snugger against the weather stripping seal.

Last edited:
   / Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #4  
I had my 5510 door latch vibrate loose the other day, I noticed a couple days before the door was a bit hard to get to latch closed then it got to were it wouldn't I removed the cover on the inside of the door latch to find the 3 machine screws had backed out a bit that hold the latch to the door glass mount. Takes a Allen wrench to tighten them, once tight the door ***** better than it has sense I bought it. Just remove the Phillips screw that holds the orange release handle on and then the two Phillips head screws that hold the cover over the latch. Took about 5 min to fix.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #5  
Just getting around to adjusting the latch on my NX5510 and I'm not sure what part is really adjustable. I used to be able to pull the door closed using the rail, but a while back it stopped closing that way and would only bounce and not latch. It's almost like there are two latching positions, weak and really tight. The first catch seems to latch, but the lower front corner doesn't seal up well and it lets in a lot of noise (esp. engine). If I stand outside and really push it hard the latch seems to engage and lock more tightly, almost too tightly (I don't know how I'd manage to pull it closed this tight).

Here's what I see with the cover off the inside of the latch (not really seeing anything that adjust):
View attachment 526629

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #6  
I had a similar squeak. I found it to be the door latch. I took the black cover off, WD-40 everything, and tightened all nuts and problem went away.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #7  
I tried adjusting the latch until I was blue in the face. It just seems like things have settled and there's really no way of getting it to close as tightly has it had, using anything other than excessive force. It's almost like the glass is bowed (middle out), if that makes sense; that or the rear hinges need to move a tad bit away from the frame.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #8  
You should be able to adjust the striker out toward the door. The piece attached to the cab not the door.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #9  
Yeah, I'd tried adjusting that thing every which way (IN, OUT, UP and DOWN and nearly every combination there of), but no go.

As noted, it's like there's two latch stages. I can pull it closed through the first stage and that's it. At this point the lower front corner doesn't seem to seal much and noise readily comes in: it didn't used to be like this; as a matter of fact, I used to be able to close using the hand hold rail on the door (if I pull using that rail it now I cannot get it to latch- the door just bounces).

If you stand outside and close the door very slowly you'll hear one click. If you push harder it'll click a second time and be very well seated/shut: I cannot get that second set/click from inside the cab- cannot pull on the latch handle or the rail hard enough. The other thing I've noticed from the outside is that the latch will release at the slightest of touches/pulls on the bottom of the lever- that's not the case on the other side; granted, don't pull on that handle if you don't want the door to open; it's just that it seems like the entire mechanism is fatigued.

Maybe I've just worn it out (at around 200 hrs)? I'm in and out of the cab quite a bit.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #10  
Yes there is two latch clicks, have you checked to see if the hinge mounts have loosened up and let the door slip out of alignment a bit. I would remove the latch and see how the door shuts, it should touch even all the way around.