Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #21  
Sorry to hear that, hope you well soon.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #22  
Threepoint, great info, thanks! I'll check things out and post what I find.

county, some of the "confusion" on latching has to do with internal vs external closing (it's MUCH easier to latch externally by pushing [in] directly on the handle vs pulling internally) and for internal closing, pulling there's a difference between using the handrail vs. pulling on the handle. In the picture I had had it on the first latch/click in order to show the bow. Keep in mind that it's almost impossible to activate that second latch/click from the inside of the cab: what was once an easy thing to do merely by pulling on the handrail is now, even with the handle, nearly impossible.

The ONLY way that I could see this adjustment being altered, assuming the glass is OK, would be to push the top hinge out (remove some stress at the top and help push/cant the bottom inwards): I'm not seeing how I'd do this, nor believe I should be trying to solve this before gathering data (first measure to check glass for bowing).

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #23  
So are you thinking the glass has changed shape in the last month or so when you started having a issue?

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #24  
So are you thinking the glass has changed shape in the last month or so when you started having a issue?

Something has altered, and I don't recall anything out of the normal that could account for it. The basic head-scratch is that the left door is clearly more bowed than the right.

Today I was going to put a straight edge on it and measure bow but I ran out of time. I'm hoping that I'll have time tomorrow.

I'd like to think that one could discount the possibility that the cab itself is altered. Absolutely NO damage, no "event" has occurred.

I don't think that the handrail could be responsible. And, the forces placed on the handrail would tend to apply more inward tension on the glass: the glass is bowing out, not in.

Not sure which is more frustrating, the fact that the door isn't closing like it should, or that the reason for the problem seems totally elusive!

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #25  
OK, I did some measurements, but I have no idea what they really tell me, other than that one side clearly does have more bow than the other. I measured from about the middle top edge of the door to the lower rear part (bottom of fender/ top of step) of the door.

Left door: 2.334"
Right door: 2.123"

After just paying for having the tractor transported to/from the dealer for resealing the rear axle casing (warranty) I'm hesitant to shell out more just for this door issue. Wondering how tough it is to remove the doors. Maybe I can just pull the left one and take it to the dealer.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #26  
Taking the door off is pretty easy, but would be best to have two people if possible. Remove the gas strut , close the door then remove both pins from the hinges. Have you spoken with the dealer yet to get some insight from them, I Still say your going to find it's a issue with the hinges , not the glass. Hope you get it figured out soon though and keep us posted.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #27  
country, I took a look at the service manual and I can see nothing that indicates that there's any adjustment in those hinges. Only thing I could think of would be to look to shim on the inside of the hinge plate so that the glass sets out further in the back, thereby reducing binding/pinching as it now seems to be happening. The seal is pretty well squeezed/compressed at the back. I should compare this to the other side: I've only really compared the forward edges.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #28  
I haven't had mine apart and hope I don't have to. :) I looked at the shop manual and also didn't see anything that showed to be shims or adjustments either, I'm sure it's something simple and you'll get it figured out soon. I did notice on mine the lower hinge pin has a squeak at about mid point in opening the door now, I plan on removing the pin and lubing it in the next few days.

/ Kioti NX - Cab door squeaking #29  
I'm going to shift further discussion of my issue out of this thread and into the thread about my tractor (page where I start logging this). My issue really isn't about squeaking (I posted to this thread because it was the only one I found that talked about cab door issues).