CK series engine HP differences - tuning only

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #1  

RinconVTR

Tractor
Kioti CK2610 Hydro
It appears the CK line uses the same engine model across 3 HP options. 25, 34 and 39.

Out of the box, from Daedong, engine model 3A165LW come stock tuned for 34hp per their web site.

Does anyone know the secret to "unlock" or re-tune the claimed 25hp engine back to 34hp?

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #2  
Just a guess but I would say it has to do with pump presser and injector size. Back in the day, we'd squeeze a few more ponies out of the trucks by installing a "bigger button" in the fuel pump thus increasing fuel presser.

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #3  
It appears the CK line uses the same engine model across 3 HP options. 25, 34 and 39. ...

I'n not sure this is true. The data I have says the 2410 and 2610 are 69 CID and the 2810 is 85 CID. I don't have data on the rest of the current line. The older CKs also have larger CID for higher HP. Maybe others have better data but it appears more HP comes from greater displacement.

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #4  
If I remember correctly, the CK3510/4010 have the same size engine, just slightly different tuning. I believe the CK2610 uses a smaller engine, likely from their smaller frame CK25 series

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only
I think you guys are right about the 2610 vs 3110/4110 engines being different displacement.

But I did find, as a matter of fact, the engine used in the 2610 is spec'd at 34hp on Daedong's site.

There's locked up power to be had it seems, but likely not worth going after. Just checking what, if anything is known.

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #6  
RinconVTR, I've had the same question/idea for quite some time now also. My TYM T273 has the same engine as the T233 and T293 so I often wondered just "how" does that happen? 23hp from the 233, 27hp from the 273 and 29hp from the 293; all from the exact same engine! Go figure! But, to start blindly messing with fuel pumps, pressures, etc., etc., is very likely to swiftly cause $$ problems! Since I don't have any problem with my machine the way it is, why go messing around is my current thought. However, an honest answer is always appreciated. So I wonder how is this done. Greg

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only
Per my 2017 Kioti manual...

The CK2610/CK3510/CK4010 all have the same engine displacement - 1826cc

Same bore and stroke as well - 3.4 x 4.03"

The engine MODEL NUMBERS are different, but clearly there is tuning or simple component differences that make the extra power among the 3.

CK2610 = 3A165LWH-U

CK3510 and Ck4010 = 3F-TH4-U

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #8  
I have a ck3510 built and purchased in spring of 2016. My owner's manual only covers the 35 and 40 models, no information on other models. It does indeed show displacement, bore and stroke and many more items are the same on the two models. The manual contains no information on the many other parts in the engine. Are the other parts connecting rods, pistons, crank shaft, valves, bearings, gears the same? This question is well beyond my knowledge of diesel engines. I do know after spending $22,000 for the first new tractor of my life, I'm not willing to find out. I would be curious to know how it works out for those who try it.

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #9  
I do believe the 2610 is 1640cc according to the tag on mine. The series is so new that the manuals have poor information. I'd love to tear mine apart.

If I can't fix it I'll smash it!

Fred:licking:

/ CK series engine HP differences - tuning only #10  
I have zero data on the newer XX10 Kioti models but addressing Diesels in general:

Displacement is half of the horsepower equation. The other half is the amount of air and fuel. Diesels normally run lean (more than enough air to burn all the fuel) but the amount of air constant (no throttle) and cannot be increased except by supercharging. The amount of fuel can be increased (via the IP) to get more HP up to the point that there is insufficient air to burn any more.

But there is a catch. More power means more heat in the engine which must be extracted. If you are really interested in this, see if the pistons are different between the models. I know that when Mercedes turbocharged the iron head 3 liter OM617 engine they had to change the pistons and also change the oil system in the block to spray oil against the underside of the pistons to cool them. Of course, the IP was redesigned too to sense the boost pressure and increase fuel accordingly.

So I would be inclined to believe that, even with the same displacement, there are subtle design differences inside the engines to remove heat produced by the greater HP.