What are these and where are they supposed to be?

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #1  

cphilip

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti 2610HST, Toro Titan ZX 5400 w Kawaski, Bush Hog rotory, Farm KIng tiller, Land Pride Box blade, Tiger attachments forks, Land Pride Grooming mower, EA Wicked 55" Grapple, Superior 20' 7700# Equip Trailer
Just got this thing and this is how the dealer dropped it off.

Certainly those gold colored adjustable bars that are attached to the lift arms do not just lay there and flop around. Certainly they are to fasten somewhere but I do not see it. There is one link of chain one the right one and a U shaped coupler (missing its pin) on the left one.

Im stumped at the moment. I see no place to attach them. My old Ford had no such things on it.

Afraid to bush hog with it like this and my Dealer is out on the lake participating in a Bass tournament. If yall can shed some light so I don't have to mess up his day Im sure he would appreciate it.

Attachments

• IMG_3705.jpeg
    IMG_3705.jpeg
    4.8 MB · Views: 580
   / What are these and where are they supposed to be? #2  
The pin in the U shape clevis goes in the hole I circled.

Attachments

• image-2298933856.jpg
    image-2298933856.jpg
    550.9 KB · Views: 401
   / What are these and where are they supposed to be?
So both of them attached to that hole? The pin is gone but I could temporarily bolt them I suppose. Anyone have a picture of that all in proper place?

Ok.. I figured it out now. Missing one clevis and both pins. Gotta make a run to the dealer and get him to replace. Easiest thing to do

All better now...

Attachments

• IMG_3711.jpeg
    IMG_3711.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 457
   / What are these and where are they supposed to be? #6  
Not quite. Both should be snug once you have your implement positioned where you want it. I noticed the slack on the right side, Having both snug will minimize any side to side motion. Hope this helps

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #7  
Another reason to look to snug up is to keep arms from hitting your tires!

I'm gong to perhaps learn something here... I tend to leave just a little play so that if the implement hits something while I'm going in reverse there will be a little give (if no slack then there may be something on the implement that will want to give/bend). Anyone else do this? (while, of course, making sure that the implement or arms aren't going to hit anything along their allowed travel constraints)

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #8  

I'm gong to perhaps learn something here... I tend to leave just a little play so that if the implement hits something while I'm going in reverse there will be a little give (if no slack then there may be something on the implement that will want to give/bend). Anyone else do this? (while, of course, making sure that the implement or arms aren't going to hit anything along their allowed travel constraints)

I do the same for the same reasons and it has worked well for me.

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #9  

I also like to leave a little play in the side to side movement. As long as your lift arms don't scrape the tires you are ok.

/ What are these and where are they supposed to be? #10  
It was quite bad form for the dealer to deliver it like that......