Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wats the difference between the B and L?

Thank you for all of the great information on my first post. I learn something new every time I log into this site.

My next question has to do with the primary differences between the B and L series.

According to the kubota site the B2630 is 26HPwith an MSRP of $16,481. The L3400 is 35 HP with an MSRP of $16,908. Both have auto trans, 4x4, width, height, and length are close to being the same. It seems to me that the L has a ton more power for almost the same price as the B. What are the other differences?

Thank you

Tractor
    Kubota L 3400

Default Re: Wats the difference between the B and L?

The L series is the next size up from the B. The L is quite a bit bigger in size. Larger tires and wheels equal more ground clearance,better traction due to more weight. If you don't need to worry about tight spaces where you are working the L would be a good choice. I have been very pleased with mine.
    L-3400 HST- LA 463 FEL-Forks- Goosen C/S- Bush Hog Tiller RTS 62- Landpride 6ft.RMM- Lienbach Aerator- PHD- 5ft. Box Scraper 2000 GMC 3500 HD Dump Truck

Silver Member
    Tractor
    L3240, BX2350, RTV 900

I don't know how much bigger the L2800/3400's are than the B series but the Grand L's are much bigger. The weight of the machine and power of hydraulics is considerable in comparison.

Love my L3240!

Tractor
    Kubota's - B7610, M4700

I can't hold it back -
    The difference is that a B is an L mating with a 3 (visualize it).
    My rides - '95 Kubota M4700 w/ PEC, LA1001 FEL :'07 B7610, LA352 FEL, Bush Hog SBX 48 box blade, '09 Woods BH70-X w/ 16" bucket and thumb, 3pt pallet forks, Dale Phillips PHD, Jinma 8" chipper, Winco 12KW PTO generator, Howse plow, 5' KK tiller with a 2002 7.3L Ford F350 CC DRW 4x4 and '07 18' Hudson HSE Deluxe trailer - 5 Ton to haul it all

Silver Member
    Tractor
    L3240, BX2350, RTV 900

Quote Originally Posted by newbury View Post
    I can't hold it back -
    The difference is that a B is an L mating with a 3 (visualize it).

Booo hisss....

Tractor
    2004 Kubota BX23, 1966 WheelHorse 856

Basically, the L series are larger tractors than the B series. Being larger means they are heavier, have larger implements and can lift, push and pull more.
    The M series are larger than the L FYI .....

Now to get alittle deeper, both the B and L series have "basic" and "premium" level tractors.
    The premium's are bigger and have more creature comforts than the basic's but the premiums don't cross model lines, although they can get pretty close.

In your example you've compared a premium B to a basic L. even though the B2630 is a premium offering it is still lighter and has less implement compacities than the L3400.

Heavy weight is a plus when using ground engagement implements where as lighter weight is a plus when finish mowing. Depending upon your primary needs, kubota has a pretty diverse product line to properly address it.

What's your primary purpose for a tractor?
    BX23 w/60" MMM & thumb.
    1966 Wheelhorse 856, Gear drive.
    1966 Wheelhorse 876, HST drive.
    w/50"sickle mower, 36" RDM, snow/grader plow, Alternator welder.

art
    Tractor
    all makes and models

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W. View Post
    Thank you for all of the great information on my first post. I learn something new every time I log into this site.

My next question has to do with the primary differences between the B and L series.

What are the other differences?

Thank you
    The B-series will take implements on all ends as well as in the middle! The B will take mid mount implements as well as front and rear.
    Only the grand L will take a mid mower or front blower or broom.
    The standard L's will only take rear mount on the three point and the loader.

Tractor
    kubota L3400

I have owned 2, b-series, the last I sold my brother.
    Not too long ago I bought a L3400, it seemed about the same size,...wrong again.
    Last week I drove the b7800 I sold my brother and it was like driving a go cart in comparison to the L3400, it didnt seem much differant until I got back on my old machine.
    The L-series is a much bigger machine.

Tractor
    Kubota B7610 + Kubota G1800-S

Quote Originally Posted by art View Post
    The B-series will take implements on all ends as well as in the middle! The B will take mid mount implements as well as front and rear.
    Only the grand L will take a mid mower or front blower or broom.
    The standard L's will only take rear mount on the three point and the loader.
    The standard L could take a front blower or broom, but it would need to be hydraulically driven. Then its a question of does the L have enough hydraulic flow (GPM), or do you need to add a PTO pump (and tank).
    '05 B7610 w/ LA352 FEL
    Everything Attachments Pin-on Pallet Forks, home-made FEL quick attach to swap between these forks and the bucket, Dual rear remotes, CCM Top-N-Tilt, Woods SB60 snowblower, 66" United box blade, 60" back blade (cheapo, old and rusty), 60" KK rake, Woods PHD w/ 9" auger, Yanmar RS1303 3pt tiller, Kubota Ballast box (came with the tractor), Farm Force Carry All.
    '9? G1800S, 48" MMM. 70's Troy Bilt Horse tiller with new 6.5HP briggs engine.

The means justify the ends.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Bota 2400

Usually the ability to get it through a 7 foot garage door. Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast