Wats the difference between the B and L?

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #11  
BX2200 traded to a B7800 traded to a L3240HST traded to a B3200 which I have now. My property is hilly, treed, rocky and gullied. L did me great on level ground but I was very uncomfortably driving it on hill side, felt less stable than the B which feels less stable than my BX's. Grand L's are way higher and heavier than any B. To me L's are industrial/commercial strength and/or farm tractors, not residential acreage tractors unless ground is very level and you just want bigger. No necessarily more HP. My B7800 and B3200 have/had baout same HP as L3240HST but B's are/were 1700 lbs lighter.

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #12  
I use my Grand L to skid trees on very hilly property. You just have to be careful and go slow. I don't know if a B would pull the trees my Grand L does because i have Ags and the weight to go along with it. I never drove a B but I see there is a lot of difference.

Attachments

• Vacation jul-aug 2009 019.jpg
    Vacation jul-aug 2009 019.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 336
  • Vacation jul-aug 2009 040.jpg
    Vacation jul-aug 2009 040.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Vacation jul-aug 2009 051.jpg
    Vacation jul-aug 2009 051.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 464
  • Vacation jul-aug 2009 060.jpg
    Vacation jul-aug 2009 060.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 349
   / Wats the difference between the B and L?
Thanks for the info guys. As I said in an earlier post of my six acres approximately three is quite steep and treed. I would be using the tractor to mow between my trees, along my driveway, clearing and maintaining brushy areas, and also for grading.

JOHNTHOMAS: From your experience am I understanding correctly that the
B2620 or B2920 would serve me better in my steep and treed areas because it is lighter and a little smaller? Will the lighter tractor climb the steep hills better than the heavier L serier tractor?

JohnK: I like your pictures. The picture of the trees and timber with the 4-wheeler in it appears to be about as steep as some of my property. Will your tractor make it up and down those hills?

Thank you,
Chris

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #15  
After all the rain we had it barely made it . I still need 100 ft of cable because I couldn't get right up to it. Then I backed up to the trunks and skidded them down.

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #16  
JOHNTHOMAS: From your experience am I understanding correctly that the
B2620 or B2920 would serve me better in my steep and treed areas because it is lighter and a little smaller? Will the lighter tractor climb the steep hills better than the heavier L serier tractor?

Thank you,
Chris
I pulled a 6' Landpride RFM with my B7800 and it never slowed at the crest of my steepest hill as the L3240HST did. About any Kubota will have the power to go up the side of a building but will flip first.:) The lighter is not the issue with climbing the hills, it's mainly the sitting higher and when you drive over something with one wheel or drop down in a hole with one wheel the higher machine would make me pucker/tighten a bit in the rear. I just "feel" safer with the B than the L on my hillside property. I'm sure Lbrown will add to my post and explain all this since he has BX's and wouldn't have a tractor if he had to have a B.

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #17  
The standard L could take a front blower or broom, but it would need to be hydraulically driven. Then its a question of does the L have enough hydraulic flow (GPM), or do you need to add a PTO pump (and tank).

Normally the costs end up being the problem here with hydraulic set-ups costing out more. It would be cheaper to buy the larger tractor and full featured!

/ Wats the difference between the B and L? #18  
Having owned both series, the big difference in my opinion comes down to weight. Both are fine capable machines. Its more work and expense to move a big grand l around from job to job, however, my 3540 can perform tasks that my B models couldnt dream of. I love everything about my 3540, its a dream tractor, but when its paid off i will be buying another B.