Looking at 06 BX1850

/ Looking at 06 BX1850 #21  
I'm pretty sure oldnslo is referring to the external damper on the hydro linkage. I too have looked long and hard at that area trying to figure out a way to mount another parallel damper but reversed. Either that or find a damper that damps in both directions.

And yes, the pedal does return to neutral much more quickly from reverse than from forward even when the engine is off.

/ Looking at 06 BX1850
I'm pretty sure oldnslo is referring to the external damper on the hydro linkage. I too have looked long and hard at that area trying to figure out a way to mount another parallel damper but reversed. Either that or find a damper that damps in both directions.

And yes, the pedal does return to neutral much more quickly from reverse than from forward even when the engine is off.

You are correct, I am referring to the external dampener. If you look at the parts break down for the BX1860 Vs the BX1850 you will see that Kubota changed the dampener and the linkage it attaches to. This is the only items that I can find that have changed on the hydro between the two models. NOTE: Some of the earlier 1850's had a different tranny housing. After a given serial number it is also the same as the 1860.

NOTE 2: Page HST 3 on the 1860 does not load the correct part numbers in reference to the diagram. also NOTE: The items numbers and views from the 1850 and 1860 are identical on there respective pages.

This information was gleaned from the parts break down on Messick's web site.

Roy

/ Looking at 06 BX1850 #23  
I've driven them both.1850, and 1860. Night and day difference on the ones I rode. I couldn't have an 1850, unless it was a stellar deal, or is that a stealer deal?:D

/ Looking at 06 BX1850 #24  
Oldnslo, If you actually figure out a solution and get a working fix you may just be hailed a hero on the Kubota boards. Sounds like your onto something. But let see if it will work. Nice job.