Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Default Buying New M8540

We will be writing the check on a new M8540 today to replace our Case CX80.

It is a cabbed model with Hydraulic Shuttle Shift 12F/12R with 1353 FEL and 7' bucket, two rear remotes, 12.4-24 Front and 18.4-30 Rear Ag tires loaded with windshield wiper fluid, and suspension seat. I would like to have had cast wheels, but we can't wait as we need a replacement now, actually yesterday.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota M9540, FORD 1920, Bobcat S300

Default Re: Buying New M8540

Congratulations. I know you will like it. Lets see some pictures when you get it.

Kubota M9540 Cab 4WD
    Ford 1920 4WD
    Bobcat S300

Super Star Member
    Tractor

It is to be delivered tentatively next week and I will be waiting camera in hand.

The economic downturn is apparently not hitting tractor dealers as my dealer is having a hard time keeping up with prep and delivery.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota B3030-HSD-F

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    The economic downturn is apparently not hitting tractor dealers as my dealer is having a hard time keeping up with prep and delivery.
    Let's hope it's not because he had to lay off a lot of prep and delivery guys!

Few things are more exciting than a new tractor! Couldn't help but notice your decision/buying saga, so I'm glad to see the payoff and looking forward to those pics and hearing more about it! Congratulations
    Kubota B3030-HSD w/R4s, LA403 60" FEL w/ATI TB, RCK60" MMM, Woods BH80-X 4pt Hoe w/24"+12" bkts & Thumb, Woods RB72" Blade w/shoes

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by DiezNutz View Post
    Let's hope it's not because he had to lay off a lot of prep and delivery guys!

Few things are more exciting than a new tractor! Couldn't help but notice your decision/buying saga, so I'm glad to see the payoff and looking forward to those pics and hearing more about it! Congratulations
    When buying a tractor, I usually do months of research and crawl on and off lots of tractors, but I couldn't do it this time. I have been getting my CX80 worked on for the last three months hoping to be able to delay or avoid buying another tractor. After spending another week sweating my behind off and the tractor constantly over heating, crawling off one tractor and onto another, it just got to be too much. Surprisingly, my wife and brother in law convinced me to just give up and get a new one.

Thanks to several TBN members who had done lots of research, I was able to make what I believe to be a good decision.

Tractor
    m8540

triple r: as i recall, you have a 7040? if so, you'll notice a big diff w/the 8540...good move on the 12 sp., a heavier duty tranny & more rear lift capacity. really like the transmission lock e brake, a lot more positive safety feature than the ratchet type. anyway, u'll like it & enjoy the honeymoon. bb
    let the spirit of adventure set the tone

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by big bubba View Post
    triple r: as i recall, you have a 7040? if so, you'll notice a big diff w/the 8540...good move on the 12 sp., a heavier duty tranny & more rear lift capacity. really like the transmission lock e brake, a lot more positive safety feature than the ratchet type. anyway, u'll like it & enjoy the honeymoon. bb
    Actually, I own an L5030 among others and was initially thinking about the M7040 to replace my Case CX80, but in researching and with the help of Rjkobbmen, Bulldogger, Bake321, and Builder (probably leaving someone out) I decided I wanted to go with the M8540 instead for all of the reasons mentioned.

It is not exactly what I wanted, but I need a tractor NOW; usually buy in the off season.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4610 & BX2230, Farmall Super M, Super A

Good for you! It sounds like you and your family have plenty to say grace over at your place, and don't have the time or inclination to put off the inevitable.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Grandad4 View Post
    Good for you! It sounds like you and your family have plenty to say grace over at your place, and don't have the time or inclination to put off the inevitable.
    Thanks, I really hate to spend money and tried to keep the CX80 going, but it was a losing battle and about wore me out with the heat and such. My sons are trying to get a business going and we are all short of time with too much to keep track of; not complaining though as we are darn lucky to have it all.

Tractor
    Kubota

Quote Originally Posted by big bubba View Post
    Agreed! The extra size weight and capacities make a big difference between these two models. The M7040 we have does a great job for what we bought it for and likewise the M8540 is filling the bill quite nicely for its list of duties - the bigger stuff!
    For personal use a Kubota B3030 (was a B3200) - MMM, 64" RM Kubota snowblower with hyd chute, FEL with QA, 60" LM bucket and HLA pallet fork for the work (did I say work? ;-) around the place and the business has a Kubota M7040 and a M8540 both with FEL - QA and custom HLA bucket and bale spears for the "real" work everyday 365 days a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast