Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go!

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #31  
Now sort of hate it's turning cold but I guess that's what coats are for.:) Course in Kentucky we can have snow of the morning before it gets up to 70 degrees in the evening.

Congrats! And think "windshield" & "roof"! :thumbsup: Blockin' the wind helps a ton.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #32  
Awesome!! Congrats!! I showed your new RTV and thread to my wife - I was only kidding around and I told her 'we need one' - instead of saying the expected "no" - she said "not yet" :D

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go!
Congrats! And think "windshield" & "roof"! :thumbsup: Blockin' the wind helps a ton.
My wife made me a roof yesterday and I bought a 2'x4'x1/4" piece of plexiglas yesterday for the windshield. Here are pics of roof and grand daughter just after she pulled her first tooth.:D

Attachments

• P1070124.jpg
    P1070124.jpg
    438.5 KB · Views: 129
  • P1070126.jpg
    P1070126.jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 107
  • P1070127.jpg
    P1070127.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 140
  • P1070128.jpg
    P1070128.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 129
   / Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #34  
Sounds like money well spent to me. You may want to think about getting a winch though. Unlike an ATV if you get it stuck you'll not be pushing it out (don't ask how I know).

Sounds like money well spent to me. You may want to think about getting a winch though. Unlike an ATV if you get it stuck you'll not be pushing it out (don't ask how I know).
Pondered the winch purchase. Actually had one on my watch list on ebay to bid on in the last minute.Before bidding I decided I'd wait till I got the RTV and got a little better idea of how I'd use it and where. I have a tractor which I can use to pull it out if I need to but winch is still hanging out back there in the recesses of my mind.:thumbsup:

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #36  
You guys are the reason I don't have an RTV, you keep snapping them up as fast as the dealers can put them together. You keep doing that and they'll never come down to where I can afford one.:(:(

Milkman: Dig up some of them jars of money in your garden and you can buy one!!:)
My wife made my top out of the water proof pad that goes under a tent. She helped me velcro it on today and she helped me set the windshield on the velcro strips. I'm starting to get an uneasy feeling about her becoming so comfortable with my RTV and feeling like she has helped me do everything to it.:(:(
I know her well enough to know I may have lost my RTV until she approves of times for me to drive it. Every time I've drove it she has went with me.:)
Here are pics of the top velcroed down and the windshield. Gray velcro would look better but I don't have gray. I need to round off the upper corners of the windshield and if anyone has ideas of the best, easiest way to do that. please let me know.
The question is: Best easiest way to round off edges of 1/4" Plexiglas?i

Attachments

• P1070132.jpg
    P1070132.jpg
    327.4 KB · Views: 105
  • P1070131.jpg
    P1070131.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 96
  • P1070130.jpg
    P1070130.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 105
  • P1070129.jpg
    P1070129.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 100
  • P1070133.jpg
    P1070133.jpg
    352.5 KB · Views: 100
  • P1070134.jpg
    P1070134.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 98
   / Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #38  
Pondered the winch purchase. Actually had one on my watch list on ebay to bid on in the last minute.Before bidding I decided I'd wait till I got the RTV and got a little better idea of how I'd use it and where. I have a tractor which I can use to pull it out if I need to but winch is still hanging out back there in the recesses of my mind.:thumbsup:

I got stuck once in the snow. After trying to come alon it out I went and got the dozer, even in snow they are hard to move if stuck. It's a lot of money but I've heard real good thing about the Warn 4000 lb winch with the synthetic rope. It's on my Christmas list but I doubt Santa will bring it.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #39  
Very nice rig John, I use the winch on my Rhino to move stuff out of my way or other chores and have only needed it once to get unstuck, very handy overall.

I replaced my fabric roof with a hard top when a large limb just missed my head out in the woods one day as much of my use is in heavy and pretty wild woods. Any kind of roof makes it much more comfortable.

Looks like the grands are really enjoying your new ride.:thumbsup:

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #40  
Very nice rig John, I use the winch on my Rhino to move stuff out of my way or other chores and have only needed it once to get unstuck, very handy overall.

I replaced my fabric roof with a hard top when a large limb just missed my head out in the woods one day as much of my use is in heavy and pretty wild woods. Any kind of roof makes it much more comfortable.

Looks like the grands are really enjoying your new ride.:thumbsup:

This is another reason I went with the hardtop. My (official) main use for the 1140 is inspection of my tree farms. This involves going down a lot of old logging roads that have overhanging branches. The hardtop keeps most of them out of the cab.