Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go!

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #21  
I've wondered before, this so I'll ask:

I know these things are costly, so why this and not a decent used Jeep for about the same money? I think I'm missing something, it seems Jeep would be much more usable.

I don't know about a used Jeep but I could buy a brand new F150 2wd reg cab for what my RTV cost. I won't speak for John, but I definitely have my reasons. First of all, no automobile (Jeep or otherwise) will fit on the trails which run through the woods on my property. The dump bed, although small, provides an alternative to my FEL bucket for moving material thoughout my property. I have owned Jeeps and although they have a fun factor on-road, I think the UTV's have a better fun factor when off-road. I hope to be pleased with my RTV!

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #22  
I've wondered before, this so I'll ask:

I know these things are costly, so why this and not a decent used Jeep for about the same money? I think I'm missing something, it seems Jeep would be much more usable.

VERY nice, btw. Congratulations! 12!

I believe it is that we buy what we need/want regardless of the cost. A Jeep and even an RTV is too big for me so I got a Rhino; Rhino too big get a Razr.

If many of us had to do a cost benefit analysis on what we buy, we would have a lot more room in our sheds or not even a shed.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go!
The Grands saw the RTV for the first time today after Cira picked them up after school. Elijah started hollering the minute he hit the door and woke me from a short nap. I'd showed my neighbor how to make the bed big so I put it back to the two rows of seats. Elijah and I buckled in the front and Cira and Peyton buckled in the back. We all went up to the cellular tower behind my house and the road is washed out bad. Came back down and I went thru a flat spot of high weeds, mistake when the over hanging briar got my arm. Then down the hill behind my brothers house over land, not drive way. Back on the road and down the hill and thru the creek and to the end of a dead end road.
Cira's turn to drive and she circled the cemetary, back down the one lane dead end road and back thru the creek and back up the hill to home.
Elijah had to drive back down the front yard to visit neighbor. Elijah and Peyton promised they would bring him shells from their recent beach visit which they did. Elijah can sit in my lap and drive it. After the visit with my neighbor Ron, Peyton got to drive it back up to the house and she stayed on the paved street and drive way.
Now is it worth $223 for 60 months? I say yes and this is just the first day they got to enjoy it. They will be 6 in less than a month and with the way time flies, they'll be gone before I can turn around.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #24  
...If many of us had to do a cost benefit analysis on what we buy, we would have a lot more room in our sheds or not even a shed.

This is so true. There is always the what we need/what we want issue.

Yes the 1140 is a little on the costly side, but I don't regret the purchase of mine for one second. When my kids come to visit and we spend time riding around... well you just can't put a pricetag on that.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #25  
I have been contemplating an RTV or Mule for over six months and I can't take it any more. The 0% for 60 months didn't quite push me over the edge but this thread did. I just got off the phone with my Kubota dealer and tomorrow I will be the proud owner of an RTV1140! So not to be confused with John, I picked out orange with ATV tires. I'll get some pictures up as soon as I get to enjoy it in the daylight.

Oh Lawrence! Now you've gone and done it. Can't wait for pictures...:thumbsup:

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #26  
This is so true. There is always the what we need/what we want issue.

Yes the 1140 is a little on the costly side, but I don't regret the purchase of mine for one second. When my kids come to visit and we spend time riding around... well you just can't put a pricetag on that.

:thumbsup:

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #27  
Congrats, They are sweet machines. A number of your posts sent me to Barlows and they treated me very very well:thumbsup:

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #28  
Pictures of my new RTV1140 are here. This is only my fourth new Kubota to purchase so I have a ways to go towards John's record.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go!
Delivered by Steve Barlow and already driven by me, my wife and neighbor. My neighbor believes he really really needs one.
Drove down the hill and across the creek and found my brother that walks alot. He picked up a big rock to put in the creek so he and his wife could hop across the creek on rocks. Sooooooooo it has already done some work. Hauled my brother and a rock. He wanted to put the rock in the bed and I told him maybe not till I got a rubber bed mat and so he held the rock in his lap.:)
Neighbor and I drove it up the tower access road to the tower and back. He's really impressed and so am I. I LIKE IT!!:D:D
Saw my neighbor today and asked him if he had been to Barlows yet. He smiled and said he'd just came from Barlows. Asked him if he bouight one and he said he bought the Orange RTV900 that was sitting by my RTV1140 in the showroom/office/parts department. Delivery on Friday, I think he said.

/ Hi Ho! Hi Ho! It's off to Barlows I go! #30  
Saw my neighbor today and asked him if he had been to Barlows yet. He smiled and said he'd just came from Barlows. Asked him if he bouight one and he said he bought the Orange RTV900 that was sitting by my RTV1140 in the showroom/office/parts department. Delivery on Friday, I think he said.

Call the dealer and ask when they are sending the commission check!