Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Default Re: LA364 Loader Quick Coupler

Quote Originally Posted by woodey24 View Post
    I am glad that i havent gotten the quick pin attach if this new one coming out is same as skid style. Please keep us updated as you guys look into it and your success or failures in getting to fit. I do have the B2920 as you had quessed with the la364.
    Just to clarify - from what I have read in other threads - the QA for the new LA534 is not "the same" as a skid steer. It sounds like it might differ dimensionally somehow. But without actually being able to see one - it's hard to verify exactly what the differences are.

I'm waiting til I hear that the B3350 is hitting dealer lots and I'm going to see if I can find one to check it out. And then, if it looks good, I am going to go talk to my dealer and see if he can order me the QA setup and I will try it out on my B3200/LA504.

I'm planning on jumping on this as soon as I can because the better weather is coming and I have attachments I would like to get and build - and work I want to get done as soon as I can. So if it works - I'd like to to the conversion sooner rather than later.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B3200 with BH77 backhoe, Kubota B50 SSQA w/ 54" & 60" buckets, LandPride FDR1660

Quote Originally Posted by woodey24 View Post
    I am glad that i havent gotten the quick pin attach if this new one coming out is same as skid style. Please keep us updated as you guys look into it and your success or failures in getting to fit. I do have the B2920 as you had quessed with the la364.
    Just a quick update - I did get the kubota SSQA from new Bxx50 tractors a month or so ago and it has been working great on the LA504 loader on my B3200. I got a 54" bucket (for digging) , a 60" bucket for snow clearing and moving material - and a Virnig rock bucket. The SSQA works pretty sweet - much easier for swapping buckets around than the Kubota pin-on style QA system. I think my dealer nailed me another $150 or so for shipping charges or something like that , but I've seen a few people in "buying a new 50 series tractor" threads mention that the going price for the SSQA connector is around $450 at their dealers - and if you go to the Kubota online configurator if I remember correctly the price comes up in the $450 range. So it's not even that much more money than the pin-on style QA.

Tractor
    Kubota B2620

@Jim: could you enlighten a noob on a few things.

-Did you install the SSQA yourself, or would it likely require a dealer (specialized tools) to install.

-This is instead of the kubota QA, no parts are required from the other kit? I did not elect to buy the QA as it was costly and options limited ($13-1500 for the QA and a set of kubota forks. Don't need a snowblade)

This also is for a B2620 w/ a la364 loader. You bought all new buckets? Otherwise a SSQA adapter plate would have to be mounted on a std bucket.

Thanks

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Finnster View Post
    @Jim: could you enlighten a noob on a few things.

-Did you install the SSQA yourself, or would it likely require a dealer (specialized tools) to install.

-This is instead of the kubota QA, no parts are required from the other kit? I did not elect to buy the QA as it was costly and options limited ($13-1500 for the QA and a set of kubota forks. Don't need a snowblade)

This also is for a B2620 w/ a la364 loader. You bought all new buckets? Otherwise a SSQA adapter plate would have to be mounted on a std bucket.

Thanks
    No special tools. A couple of wrenches, a mallet, a dowel or something else to knock the pins out - and some cursing , and that's pretty much all you'll need.

I installed it myself. Basically all you have to do to install the SSQA - is to remove the existing bucket from the tractor - and install the QA onto the end of the loader arms. The new QA does use longer pins than the ones that are used to install the bucket - but the QA comes with them.

When I bought my tractor - I bought it with the pin-on style QA adapter. So I removed that to install this SSQA adapter. At the same time I ordered the SSQA adapter - I also the correct Kubot buckets to go with it. The adapter does appear to meet the SSQA standard - so you could use pretty much any bucket that has a standard SSQA setup on it - but the Kubota buckets are more lightweight than anything you're going to find for a skid steer so they don't suck up as much of the loader capacity as you would find a skid steer bucket does. The Kubota buckets are also not too expensive - if I remember correctly they were like $550 and $575 or something like that.

I got both the 54" bucket and the 60" bucket. I intend on using the 54" bucket for digging - it will likely get a tootbar mounted on it - or teeth permanently welded to it - and the 60" bucket is for clearing snow and carrying materials - etc.. I did not order the Kubota fork frame at this time because I've been talking to a local vendor about getting one of their fork frames made to go on this setup - and their frames are more versatile -and much less weighty than the Kubota frame is. Not sure if that will come to fruition - but we're working on it.

One thing to be aware of - is that the Kubota SSQA setup does weigh a big more than the pin-on style QA. The pin-on style QA adapter weighed in at 22 pounds for me, and the SSQA adapter weighed in at like 75 pounds.

So you're going to reduce your loader capacity some by going to either of these QA adapters. Depending on the shape of your existing buckets - you may or may not be able to adapt them to be used on the new SSQA adapter.

The new "SSQA" 60" bucket - and the old pin-on 60" bucket I have - are basically the exact same bucket - except one has the SSQA stuff on it - and the other has the pin-on brackets. You *could* make one bucket into the other by just welding on the appropriate bracketry. The "SSQA" 54" bucket and the old pin-on 54" bucket - are completely different however. The SSQA 54" bucket is basically just a narrower version of the 60" bucket - it has the same side profile. The old pin-on style 54" bucket however is a different bucket altogether - it's narrower and also not as tall as the pin-on 60" bucket. I don't believe this bucket could be adapted to be used on the SSQA because I don't believe it's tall enough to interface properly with the SSQA.

Some pics of the QA installed on the tractor:

Tractor
    kubota b2620,b8200

Quote Originally Posted by jim_wilson View Post
    No special tools. A couple of wrenches, a mallet, a dowel or something else to knock the pins out - and some cursing , and that's pretty much all you'll need.

I installed it myself. Basically all you have to do to install the SSQA - is to remove the existing bucket from the tractor - and install the QA onto the end of the loader arms. The new QA does use longer pins than the ones that are used to install the bucket - but the QA comes with them.

When I bought my tractor - I bought it with the pin-on style QA adapter. So I removed that to install this SSQA adapter. At the same time I ordered the SSQA adapter - I also the correct Kubot buckets to go with it. The adapter does appear to meet the SSQA standard - so you could use pretty much any bucket that has a standard SSQA setup on it - but the kubota buckets are more lightweight than anything you're going to find for a skid steer so they don't suck up as much of the loader capacity as you would find a skid steer bucket does. The Kubota buckets are also not too expensive - if I remember correctly they were like $550 and $575 or something like that.

I got both the 54" bucket and the 60" bucket. I intend on using the 54" bucket for digging - it will likely get a tootbar mounted on it - or teeth permanently welded to it - and the 60" bucket is for clearing snow and carrying materials - etc.. I did not order the Kubota fork frame at this time because I've been talking to a local vendor about getting one of their fork frames made to go on this setup - and their frames are more versatile -and much less weighty than the Kubota frame is. Not sure if that will come to fruition - but we're working on it.

One thing to be aware of - is that the Kubota SSQA setup does weigh a big more than the pin-on style QA. The pin-on style QA adapter weighed in at 22 pounds for me, and the SSQA adapter weighed in at like 75 pounds.

So you're going to reduce your loader capacity some by going to either of these QA adapters. Depending on the shape of your existing buckets - you may or may not be able to adapt them to be used on the new SSQA adapter.

The new "SSQA" 60" bucket - and the old pin-on 60" bucket I have - are basically the exact same bucket - except one has the SSQA stuff on it - and the other has the pin-on brackets. You *could* make one bucket into the other by just welding on the appropriate bracketry. The "SSQA" 54" bucket and the old pin-on 54" bucket - are completely different however. The SSQA 54" bucket is basically just a narrower version of the 60" bucket - it has the same side profile. The old pin-on style 54" bucket however is a different bucket altogether - it's narrower and also not as tall as the pin-on 60" bucket. I don't believe this bucket could be adapted to be used on the SSQA because I don't believe it's tall enough to interface properly with the SSQA.

Those are some huge brackets when there staring at you in that top picture.lol

If you get a chance could you measure the center to center on the locking pins and the overall width at the top. Trying to see if a universal type of adapter plate for the implement will latch onto those or not.

heres the specs on a std SSQA for reference
    Will it Fit My Machine

Tractor
    kubota b2620,b8200

Quote Originally Posted by jim_wilson View Post

When I bought my tractor - I bought it with the pin-on style QA adapter. So I removed that to install this SSQA adapter. At the same time I ordered the SSQA adapter - I also the correct Kubot buckets to go with it. The adapter does appear to meet the SSQA standard - so you could use pretty much any bucket that has a standard SSQA setup on it - but the kubota buckets are more lightweight than anything you're going to find for a skid steer so they don't suck up as much of the loader capacity as you would find a skid steer bucket does. The Kubota buckets are also not too expensive - if I remember correctly they were like $550 and $575 or something like that.

Any chance of a side view of the tractor brackets without the bucket and a back view of the unattached bucket. thanks

Tractor
    Kubota L4760

Quote Originally Posted by bandaidmd View Post
    Any chance of a side view of the tractor brackets without the bucket and a back view of the unattached bucket. thanks
    Some additional pictures here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...ml#post3298788

Also a video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLoa0MilEbQ

Another interesting read here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/c...rting-pin.html

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Ask and ye shall receive:

Last edited by jim_wilson; 06-26-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Veteran Member
    Tractor

Those are some huge brackets when there staring at you in that top picture.lol

If you get a chance could you measure the center to center on the locking pins and the overall width at the top. Trying to see if a universal type of adapter plate for the implement will latch onto those or not.

heres the specs on a std SSQA for reference
    Will it Fit My Machine
    It's raining out here - so I'll have to go get that pin to pin measurement tomorrow.

I am confident that the dimensions on the kubota QA meet the SSQA standard though - I bought a Virnig rock bucket - intended to be used on a skid-steer - and it fits perfectly on the Kubota QA. I did not order anythning "special" to get it to fit.

Here's the measurement across the back of the QA on the bucket - the QA on the loader fits in there just right.

Tractor
    kubota b2620,b8200

thanks. It looks like the QA sits further down on the bucket than stock does, that bottom pin is almost on the ground.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast