Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #181  
That doesnt surprise me. These tractors share many components to keep costs down. What did the folding ROPS cost? I'd imagine it isnt cheap.

I was asking if it would, I was told they would not fit.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #182  
I was asking if it would, I was told they would not fit.

Interesting.. Wonder if it wont ACTUALLY fit, or if it "wont" fit because the dealership is scared of liability?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #183  
wow -- from pics that messicks posted -- it clearly looks like kubota DOES read this tractotbynet forum.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #184  
wow -- from pics that messicks posted -- it clearly looks like kubota DOES read this tractotbynet forum.

Does Kubota read the forum... or did they just look at their biggest competitors new machine, the 1026r for "inspiration"?

Honestly, while the improvements are nice, there is nothing there that's really innovative. Actually many of the new "features" are things that should have been included standard a long time ago.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #185  
I dunno scooby -- but we had discussions on the BX ROPS not fitting in the garage, metal vs plastic, etc. I think they are at the point where BX is truly a great machine and not much need to be improved on - EXCEPT for the plastic fan. I figure from profit stand point they might not want to improve the BX much till profit drops.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #186  
The salesman ordered a folding ROPS for a Bx25 and it fit like it was made for a Bx2360.No problems putting it on, the cost was $480.00 before taxes and included a new seat belt assy I guess that was for safety reasons or to cover Kubotas !#@$#@!That probably added another $100.00 or more to the price.On the bright side no problem getting in and out of shed door and now it looks like the Bx70 series with their new folding ROPS.:cool2::drink::cool2:

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #187  
Again what is worth it? $300 for you might be $1000 in the northeast too.
I am in the North East. Its $300. (plus programming differences, right now Kubota is offering more cash on the older models)

True, although that's always been the case with these things. Problem is major wiz bang stuff is just too expensive to engineer, and support.. and while people "want" it getting them to pay for it is a different story. Kubota does a great job of addressing the needs of the majority and providing that at an outstanding value. At times, I do feel like it makes them seem a bit plain when they don't mix stuff up more than they have.

Great post! and very true...but sorry Messick's, PA is not the NorthEast. It is NY, MA, CT, RI, VT and Maine in my eyes. I love you guys for all my BX parts but tactor pricing in this area is all over the place. I tried to buy my BX24 from a local dealer (MA) but he was too high. I bought it in NY for $2,300 less (to my door).

You guys are great though and will buy parts from again!

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #188  
I dunno scooby -- but we had discussions on the BX ROPS not fitting in the garage, metal vs plastic, etc. I think they are at the point where BX is truly a great machine and not much need to be improved on - EXCEPT for the plastic fan. I figure from profit stand point they might not want to improve the BX much till profit drops.

Maybe RM. But if you look at the new Deere, they added many of the same things to the new BX. Like the QA. The aux lights. Deluxe seat with armrests. A proper tach. Separate brake on the proper side. Etc.etc. I dont believe Kubota would be adding them on the new model if Deere didnt go there first.

And the plastic fan... If they did read these forums, you'd think they'd address that achilles heel.

I think my BX is a good machine. Its tough for sure, but it is lacking in the finer points. Kubota has had this basic unit out for what, 10 years? from the BX22 till now and they really havent shown any innovation in that time. Compared to the small Deere models and the upgrades available out of the Deere catalog, the BX looked cheap (until the new D came out with the upgrades)

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #189  
Yeah, but the BX still outsells all the other subcompacts. Not sure if that's all other competition combined, but Kubota was first into the US subcompact market, and is still the top seller.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #190  
Yeah, but the BX still outsells all the other subcompacts. Not sure if that's all other competition combined, but Kubota was first into the US subcompact market, and is still the top seller.

Does it? Ive never seen the numbers. Wouldnt necessarily surprise me, here, deere is $2000 more than Kubota (at least) and Im sure that enters into the purchase equation.

Sales numbers dont matter to me really, im talking from a user experience perspective. Ive owned both Deere and Kubota, and Deere beats Kubota in Fit and Finish and accessories (until the D) hands down.