Kubota BX25D / BX70?

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #191  
I think my BX is a good machine. Its tough for sure, but it is lacking in the finer points. Kubota has had this basic unit out for what, 10 years? from the BX22 till now and they really havent shown any innovation in that time. Compared to the small Deere models and the upgrades available out of the Deere catalog, the BX looked cheap (until the new D came out with the upgrades)
This must be why you don't see any BX24's/BX25's at commercial/industrial equipment rental places.
Oh wait, that's right -- that's all you see! :)

I wonder why that is? Value, reliability, performance -- those sort of reasons...

Wrooster

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #192  
This must be why you don't see any BX24's/BX25's at commercial/industrial equipment rental places.
Oh wait, that's right -- that's all you see! :)

I wonder why that is? Value, reliability, performance -- those sort of reasons...

Wrooster

Well.... since you brought up rentals...locally its all Deere.

But in the bigger picture, purchase and parts price (Kubota leads) plays a very important role in what a rental shop buys, as much or more than reliability...creature comforts and fit and finish (the main things Deere leads in) are pretty low on the list.

When it comes to reliability, im not going to say that the BX is any more reliable than the 1026. I'd say theyre both about equal in those terms.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #193  
I am really don't think Deere has a better fit and finish than Kubota. I believe Deere wants you to believe that and they can blow things out of proportion. I know the 1026r has a better floor mat but that is not enough to make me want one. Comfort comes down to the owner/ operator. One thing I have noticed about the 1 series Deere is the floor board is really small and I am 6'1'' so I don't think I would be as comfortable as I am on the BX.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #194  
Roger, Im 6'1 myself and found the drivers seat on the 1026 pretty comfortable, probably the same as my BX. When I refer to fit and finish, and I dont want to derail the thread more than I have, but have a look at the paint on my BX. It was basically like this from new. The old Deere's paint was much better applied, never flaked, never rusted, no weld spatter. Frankly Kubota should be ashamed with the gray paint on the BX's @ $20,000. Ill put the pics as attachments to try and keep it neat.

Attachments

• IMG_4352.JPG
    IMG_4352.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_4351.JPG
    IMG_4351.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_4348.JPG
    IMG_4348.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_4347.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_4346.JPG
    IMG_4346.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_4345.JPG
    IMG_4345.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_4344.JPG
    IMG_4344.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 447
   / Kubota BX25D / BX70? #195  
That BX is interesting.

Neither my B3030 nor my B3000 look(ed) anything like that. Those machines are made in Japan. Maybe the Georgia facility still has a ways to go to match the level of quality. Hopefully they'll get that sort of thing squared away, especially since they're adding production of the new GL60's out of GA.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #196  
radioman said:
I dunno scooby -- but we had discussions on the BX ROPS not fitting in the garage, metal vs plastic, etc. I think they are at the point where BX is truly a great machine and not much need to be improved on - EXCEPT for the plastic fan. I figure from profit stand point they might not want to improve the BX much till profit drops.

You must be kidding, the BX needs no improvements? I mean I like the BX as much as the next guy, but in comparison to the John Deere 1000 series, it's got a long way to go. Hey I own and like them both, but as far as theses two machines are concerned, JD's got the lead.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #197  
That BX is interesting.

Neither my B3030 nor my B3000 look(ed) anything like that. Those machines are made in Japan. Maybe the Georgia facility still has a ways to go to match the level of quality. Hopefully they'll get that sort of thing squared away, especially since they're adding production of the new GL60's out of GA.

As I understand it, it's the GA facility that is the problem. I believe it was Neil Messick (if not him, another dealer) who commented that for a while the Ga facility released a bunch of machines with substandard paint. I got one. It should never have left the plant. If I was to guess, the paint didnt stick due to substandard surface prep. The coating is uneven (thin is spots) and in other areas it comes off in sheets. The round rust spots are likely caused by being bolted into a fixture in the plant, I dont think those areas received ANY paint at all.

Dont get me wrong, it has no influence on the function of the tractor. And I use my tractor, hard. No waxing here. But it looks real bad.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #198  
As I understand it, it's the GA facility that is the problem. I believe it was Neil Messick (if not him, another dealer) .

it was not paint that I was talking about, it was welds. They changed their weld system and there was a windows where the quality was not as good as it had been. Not horrible by any stretch, just more splatter and stuff than there should have been.

The paint system at KMA looked exactly like the ones I've seen at CNH and other factories. I'm not a paint expert!

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #199  
Sorry for misquoting you Neil. I was going from memory and should have checked the post in question. I remember talking about the welds on my tractor. Thought I also mentioned the bad paint at the time.

I had the shabby paint chalked up to a defective paint system that has since been upgraded. I almost forgave them for it, because I figured they were "learning". If that's not the case, as it sounds now, I wonder what Kubota's excuse is?

Its something I talked with my dealer about. I even tried for a can of touch up paint when it was new. I was brushed off and never received a satisfactory answer nor a can of touch up paint.

/ Kubota BX25D / BX70? #200  
When I refer to fit and finish, and I dont want to derail the thread more than I have, but have a look at the paint on my BX. It was basically like this from new. The old Deere's paint was much better applied, never flaked, never rusted, no weld spatter. Frankly Kubota should be ashamed with the gray paint on the BX's @ $20,000. Ill put the pics as attachments to try and keep it neat.

Never had a problem with the paint on my BX. Was actually surprised how nice it was. Guess every mfg. can have some lemons from time to time...