Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #1  

HappyOne

Silver Member
Tractor
L5740HSTC
Looking on their site, it still shows Spring 2013. That's going to be over in three weeks. Are they just trying to clear the 40 series? I was going to try and build/price one online but didn't see an option.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #3  
From what I see here, I don't think production is ramping up perhaps as quickly as they had hoped on the new stuff... Trickling in, it seems. There are still L40s around, but the selection is getting thinner. After reading what I have here, I am glad I stuck with the L40 rather than deal with all the new emissions junk on the new ones. I know Kubota had no choice, I just don't want to be part of it at all, if I can avoid it...and for now I can...

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date
Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I have not seen anything that bad about the new emissions gear. I hear the cab is larger and possibly quieter. That's what I would be after.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #5  
I've read enough on the truck forums over the years, as they have been dealing with DPFs and such since '03-04 and there is a never ending stream of complaints about the emissions equipment and what it does to reliability and fuel consumption. I expect this to be similar. I have a close cousin who was an engineer at Cummins for 30 yrs and got many an earful from him about the downsides of the emissions standards, too. The only upside to it is some degree of cleaner air. How much, I do not know.

The other things I see are the compromises they had to make as a result of the new requirements. The lack of room under the hood requiring them to move the fuel tank is an example. I think that is a bad location, and the filler neck is just asking to get caught on brush and limbs. My tractor spends a lot of time in the woods, so that stands out really big to me. Another big compromise is adding another $5k on the price. YEEE-OWW! Have they added some nice features? It sure sounds like it, but I'm not willing to trade the downside of the Tier IV emissions for the nice features. One man's opinion. Before long, there won't be a choice if you want a new tractor, so everyone will have to adjust to it eventually. In my case, I expect to keep this tractor for life, and that suits me just fine.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #6  
They're already showing up on dealer lots, we saw an L4060 last week. Picked up a Grand L60 brochure. Kinda silly not to show them on their website.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #7  
It was $5k more for a L60?

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #8  
It was $5k more for a L60?

Yes. L5740 HSTC vs L6060 HSTC - both the biggest model in their respective lines. Can't say how that translates to open station or smaller models for sure, but that made my eye pop out.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #9  
Yes. L5740 HSTC vs L6060 HSTC - both the biggest model in their respective lines. Can't say how that translates to open station or smaller models for sure, but that made my eye pop out.

I have not seen a L60 in person. They look nice from what I have seen on tv and online but not that nice. The stupid emissions junk is probably what jacked up the price.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date
I guess a trip to my dealer is in order to see if they have brochure's. Last I saw, they mainly had M's in stock. Maybe they now have a L60 hiding in the mix.