Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #21  
Thanks for the link Eric.

It looks like a rear window defogger, rear wiper, rear work lights and 2 remotes are standard now on the Cab model.

The brochure says it has a amp alternator:confused3:

Are the new loaders somewhat self leveling? It says they have a hydraulic spill guard.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #22  
Wrong, the 40's have interim Tier 4 (I can send you the pages from my L5740 paperwork to prove it). While the larger horsepower tractors are now switching to Tier 4 interim, the smaller <75 HP, are switching to Tier 4 final, except for the very small which have no change.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #23  
Are the new loaders somewhat self leveling? It says they have a hydraulic spill guard.

optional now.

we've had largly good luck so far with Tier 4 stuff. Seems the truck guys worked out all the problems for us. The fuel economy is better and they seem to be able to tune the engine properly since the SCR cleans up the exhaust on the back side. That said, its expensive.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #24  

It looks like a rear window defogger, rear wiper, rear work lights and 2 remotes are standard now on the Cab model.

Spill guard is optional but it is worth it. I have it on my new M135GX and learned to love it the first day, but on the 135 it cost $1,000. It just sys optional on the 60. As for remotes, it says 2 remotes are standard on "Cold Climate Cabs". That may mean a special package is involved, but also since this is a Canadian spec sheet, it may be Canada specific. Just something to make sure of before buying.

My 135 also has the rear wiper and heated rear window plus rear work lights. I added the rear works lights on my L5740 (they should have been standard) and was going to add the heated rear glass when I found I could survive with the air conditioner running all winter to dehumidify the cab. They are welcome standard features, especially for first time cab owners who don't realize how much humidity your body puts into a small cab when working in the snow.

I was going to trade my L5740 for a L6060 before I let my dementia get the better of me and bought the 135. Then my neighbor, who had ordered a New Holland of equivalent size, drove my tractor while it was waiting to be loaded at the dealer Thursday and switched his NH order to a tractor just like mine. I had to wait for 3 weeks to get mine - he ordered his Thursday and it is being delivered Tuesday. Lives a purer life I guess.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #25  
Spill guard is optional but it is worth it. I have it on my new M135GX and learned to love it the first day, but on the 135 it cost $1,000. It just sys optional on the 60. As for remotes, it says 2 remotes are standard on "Cold Climate Cabs". That may mean a special package is involved, but also since this is a Canadian spec sheet, it may be Canada specific. Just something to make sure of before buying.

My 135 also has the rear wiper and heated rear window plus rear work lights. I added the rear works lights on my L5740 (they should have been standard) and was going to add the heated rear glass when I found I could survive with the air conditioner running all winter to dehumidify the cab. They are welcome standard features, especially for first time cab owners who don't realize how much humidity your body puts into a small cab when working in the snow.

I was going to trade my L5740 for a L6060 before I let my dementia get the better of me and bought the 135. Then my neighbor, who had ordered a New Holland of equivalent size, drove my tractor while it was waiting to be loaded at the dealer Thursday and switched his NH order to a tractor just like mine. I had to wait for 3 weeks to get mine - he ordered his Thursday and it is being delivered Tuesday. Lives a purer life I guess.

I just run the A/C in the winter too. I also got rear lights and a wiper on my L4240.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #26  
Here's the update brochure for the Grand L60 Series:

http://www.kubota.ca/en/images/db/brochures/0768.pdf

Thanks, the more I see of the updated stuff, the more I like it. I am still glad I bought the L40 for reasons that may be unique to me, but I can see where the L60 will be preferred by many. The cab is more refined than the L40 and I like the dust boot on the shift lever and other features.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #27  
Wrong, the 40's have interim Tier 4 (I can send you the pages from my L5740 paperwork to prove it). While the larger horsepower tractors are now switching to Tier 4 interim, the smaller <75 HP, are switching to Tier 4 final, except for the very small which have no change.

"All Grand L40s use Kubota's latest interim Tier IV compliant 4 cylinder diesel engines manufactured in their Tsukuba, Japan engine plant. The Grand L40s powerplants belong to the 03 Engine Series which uses Kubota's own TVCS (Three Vortex Combustion System) combustion chamber design. TVCS which means lower operating noise, shorter plug preheat times and most importantly, compliance with the United States' EPA diesel engine emission requirements."

That's an excellent point you bring up. I always seem to get the impression that folks think the L40 isn't Tier 4 (interim) while the L60 is (Tier 4 Final.)

Last edited:
   / Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #28  
Get a 40 series if you can.

The 60 series has the Interim Tier IV nonsense and is considerably more expensive to purchase and to operate.

SDT

Please expand on how the 60 series is more expensive to operate. More expensive to purchase I get but to operate?

Those were options when I bought mine. I had to add the remotes and will probably add the rear wiper as well.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #29  
Please expand on how the 60 series is more expensive to operate. More expensive to purchase I get but to operate?

Those were options when I bought mine. I had to add the remotes and will probably add the rear wiper as well.

I am not sure if the rear wiper is nessecary. I have not used mine yet. It would be nessecary if you were using a snowblower.

/ Kubota Grand L60 Lauch Date #30  
I use my front and rear wipers regularly to wipe off accumulated dirt and debris; wish I had it on my M8540.